NGK spark plugs

stevexr7sc

Is anyone using NGK Iridium plugs? And if so what model and gap have you have success with?

Thanks,

Steve.

NGK Spark Plugs 7316

I got a set in my 95 and they're working great. I also had a set in my 90 and no issues there either. Get the NGK Spark Plugs 7316 and gap them to stock unless you have a need to be different.

I run the 3689 or TR6-IX iridium plug. It is one heat range colder than stock. I gap mine at .050. I was thinking of changing over to the newer Laser Iridium or 4477 plug but when I talked to the NGK rep this week he told me the 3689 was a better performance plug and it is cheaper at $8 vs $12. The 4477 has an iridium center electrode and a platinum pad on the finger for longevity only. The 3689 isn't as common as the hotter plug but my local NAPA store carries them. The Laser Iridium in the stock heat range is a 6044 I believe.

I was using the NGK 7316s gapped to .035 then later switched to Denso IT20s gapped the same. I thought the Denso were a little better.

David

so i m going to change my spark plugs and wires soon wat do u guys recomend? i m running totally stock ritenow...planing to do exhaust and some CAI soon...

so i m going to change my spark plugs and wires soon wat do u guys recomend? i m running totally stock ritenow...planing to do exhaust and some CAI soon...

Doing plugs on this motor isn't fun. Either use double P plugs in the proper heat range or do the NGK as mentioned above. You'll be glad you did and they should be fine for years to come.

I use NGK's in everything. For a SC I would suggest the iridium because they are such a pain to change. On my 2.3 and 4.6 I run the regular tr55's and change them every 30-50k
Alan

Back