A question about BP 2380 Turbo Oil

Interloper

I have a 2003 Mustang Cobra which as you probably know has an Eaton M112.

After doing a bunch of research, I have discovered that the BP 2380 Turbo Oil is probably a good replacement for the Ford XL-4 stuff (which is expensive and hard to get).

I put some in my Eaton a few weeks ago and it seems fine. Question is, for those of you that have used this oil long term, have you had any issues?

Occasionally, I do some open track racing. Do you think the BP 2380 is safe for my Eaton M112?

I used it for several years with blower overdriven around 23% and had zero issues. It will work fine in your M112.

David

used it for years in my overdriven M90's, both in my SC and my GTP, no problems at all :)

+1, i know of a friend that uses it in his... i got a quart from him. will be using it in my rebuilt and ported late model blower. have no qualms about this. :)

Good to hear positive feedback so far.

I'm also over spinning by 32.25% over stock, so I wanted to be absolutely sure this oil was safe. Once I put the new pulley on, I figured I'd better change the factory fill since it's been in there for 37,000 miles, which includes open track time.

For some reason, nobody in the Cobra or Lightning crowd has heard of the BP 2380 oil. Everyone is using either the GM supercharger oil or synthetic 10W-30 motor oil. I wanted something better than that, but didn't want to pay $30 per bottle for the Ford XL-4. My research led me to the SCCOA site.

As far as I know, I'm the first Cobra owner to try out the BP 2380, so everyone is considering me the guinea pig. So far, so good.

Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge with a fellow Ford owner.

+1, i know of a friend that uses it in his... i got a quart from him. will be using it in my rebuilt and ported late model blower. have no qualms about this. :)

I've been using it for a about five years. No problems.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

(got my kid's '94 3.8 LX in the driveway - blown head gasket)

Where is a good place to get this oil?

I have three of four blowers that are going to need it and I hate paying $28.00 for a 4 oz. bottle....

Good to hear positive feedback so far.

I'm also over spinning by 32.25% over stock, so I wanted to be absolutely sure this oil was safe. Once I put the new pulley on, I figured I'd better change the factory fill since it's been in there for 37,000 miles, which includes open track time.

I am also using this oil with no problems. However, there is one caveat I think I should mention. This stuff is pretty thin, and it might be thinner than the existing fluid you have in there. I don't see that as a problem in itself, but if your snout seal is old, it may start leaking when you add the BP 2380. So it is probably a good idea to change the snout seal if you have the pulley off anyway.

It should work out just fine. Many people have used it for years with no problems. The most common failure of nose sections of the blowers is lack of lube due to the front seal failing and the fluid weeping out.

Where is a good place to get this oil?

I have three of four blowers that are going to need it and I hate paying $28.00 for a 4 oz. bottle....

I bought a quart BP 2380 at one of the STL area's smaller airports. Most of the hangers there do aircraft maintence and will sell oil by the quart. All the guy wanted from me was, $9 and my tail number :confused:

David

I bought a quart BP 2380 at one of the STL area's smaller airports. Most of the hangers there do aircraft maintence and will sell oil by the quart. All the guy wanted from me was, $9 and my tail number :confused:

David
$9?????? Damn. I paid $18 a couple months ago at my local airport.

Ken

If I knew I was going to need my tail number, I would have stayed sober a lot of those nights so I could have atleast remembered her name to actually keep count for the tail number....

I've seen this stuff online too if you can't get to a local airport. I know a pilot, so that's my hookup.

i have a ? about oil i found some powerdyne sc oil in my garage any problems there?

Back