Am I missing something? (MPx install)

DriftingThunder

These are the fittings I got in the hardware bag from Charles:

0604090048.jpg

Not sure I understand why I have a plug. It fits in the front threads of the inlet plenum nicely, but why would I plug that? Shouldn't I have gotten a fitting to attach the vacuum line from the intake bypass actuator thingamajig? Am I missing hardware? I saw several pics of the installed MPx when I did my search and I'd swear at least one DID have this plugged, while others have a smaller hose connector fitting in front. I've even seen at least one that had a 90 degree angle adapter on one of the back slots. Very confused.

:confused:

EDIT: Once again I'm pleased with my phone's camera though!

There is a bypass hose between the MP inlet and the lower intake inlet. If you don't connect them like they are on my car. You need to use the plug.

89-90's route the bypass vacuum line to the SC solenoid rather than the inlet plenum. If you want to connect the bypass like a 91-95 would have it, you'll need to add a fitting.

PS. This post should be a model and lesson to all who use their camera phones or other crappy camera's to take crappy pictures. It does no good to apologize ("sorry for the crappy picture"). If you can't get a good picture then just don't!

Sorry, pet peeve.

Anyway, WTH kind of camera is that? Awesome picture. :)

Recently picked up an LG Dare.

Camera is 3.2 mp (which is rather high for most phones), has auto-focus, auto light adjustment, it even has a flash in fact. I am very happy with this phone.

Thanks for the very helpful responses, I'm gonna grab the fitting from a NAPA or something then.

I got five fittings, looks like you only got four? Charles sent me the fitting to hook up my bypass valve, if you don't have one I'd ask him about it. Of course this doesn't matter if you have an 89 as Dave talked about. Here's a pic of mine.

PB070011.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes! That is the one I'm referring to!

I am missing that, but I'd rather not bother Charles about it and wait when I could just run down to NAPA, put 6 bucks on the table and walk out with the fitting. Thanks for the pic too.

Ah yes! That is the one I'm referring to!

I am missing that, but I'd rather not bother Charles about it and wait when I could just run down to NAPA, put 6 bucks on the table and walk out with the fitting. Thanks for the pic too.

A good hardware store should have that fitting as well, and it'll be cheaper than NAPA.

probably 1/8" MPT to hose barb, though you'll want to take the plug to make sure you get the right size.

Yeah, I'll take the plug and the vac line with me. Putting the blower swap on the shelf for a few days though, got what I need (timing belt, balancer) to get my MR2 back up and running. I really want to get it roadworthy again and sell it for some more go fast parts for the SC. :D

Recently picked up an LG Dare.

Camera is 3.2 mp (which is rather high for most phones), has auto-focus, auto light adjustment, it even has a flash in fact. I am very happy with this phone.

I've had that phone for 6 months, it's OK. Just don't key $ in a text, you'll get $156 and have to delete the 156. I just wish it had arrows with the qwerty.

Back