tv cable?

mineblown'sc

is there a way to adjust the shift pattern on my aod? i am in third gear before i get out of a intersection first gear lasts maybe 20 feet if that then second bout the same distance can someone give me a link or some advice here. you guys are much beter than a manual imho. oh and one more thing my ride has 134 k miles on the clock and i don't know if the trans has been redone but the fluid `looks pinkish and smells ok. any thoughts on putting a kit in a high mile unit?

Wow, that just doesn't sound right.

When I replaced the throttle body, the tv adjustment was not right. I noticed a long sluggish shift and the car did not build enough power but I was not in third as I was leaving the intersection.

My car required appx 0.5" adjustment to get it right. The shifts firmed up. You must need more than 0.5" adjustment. Best to do it in small increments, go for a test drive. Better to be a little too firm than too soft.

My car is a 1989 SC with 160km and I just put in 3.55 gears, a Trans-Go shift kit (medium setting), and an tranny cooler. The shift kit made the shifts a lot quicker but the drawback is driveability. If you punch the throttle, she shifts smoothly but on a slow acceleration (in traffic), it jolts. Apparently this is good for the tranny (less meshing of the gears) but personally I wonder how it affects the universal joints and suspension. My tranny was rebuilt 30,000 km ago as well as the torque converter and understand that the shift kit and gears will prolong the life of the tranny.

I am not a techie but just passing along what I heard and experienced. Hope it helps.

Good luck!

Back