smoke machine

qc89SC

my boss just bough a smoke machine and i wanted to know if it work well for boost leak??? i know in the FAQ guy say to use 20psi regulated air but the smoke machine can pressure only to 1psi. do leak appear only at 20psi or it can appear too with 1psi of smoke in the intake system???

I am no expert but 1psi is pretty low! you could blow cigar smoke out of your mouth harder than that...

I have seen DSM people leak test with 15psi and it worked OK but still not great

just a question

that was just a question smoke machine is made for EVAP leak and exhausr leak just wanted to know if i could use it to pressurize my intake. My boss was really positive about it but i wanted the advice from people who know SC

work fine

just tried the smoke machine on the SC i put the smoke in the boost gauge nipple and blocked the air filter i discovered many leaks!:eek: i found that my IC is leaking at the top and ive seen some some going out of the TB by the throttle spring and some smoke at the top left of the engine behind the SC entry and some at the right of the engine but thats not easy to see where it come from(not many place to look in the engine bay) but smoke machine work very well to look at leak:cool:

leak

i found that it look like to leak under the EGR valve and the oil dipstick is leaking too do i need a dipstick or it dont matter?? and for the EGR valve what could be leaking at this place?

edit: throttle body look like to be leaking too from the throttle spring and from the sensor IAC i think do i need to fix this too???

Back