Muffler size/fitment questions

Pablo94SC

According to Summit, Magnaflow offers oval 4x9x14" or 18", and 5x8x14" or 18" mufflers with various in/out offsets. (H x W x L)

Will 5x8 mufflers fit under the car? What about 18" bodies as opposed to the typical 14" body? What offset do you prefer?

Hoping the slightly larger/longer mufflers will fit, as I have a feeling they'll reduce exhaust noise and droning quite a bit, as well as give the note a deeper tone.

I'd like to know as well, along with- if a resonator is mandatory to avoid the angry bee sound, or can I just use a 2 into 1. I'm gonna dump everything at the front half at least so she can breathe better, but I prefer a rumble to an angry snappy exhaust.

i went with high flow cats, deleted the resonator and mufflers. i put an 80 series dual in/dual out flowmaster (where the resonator was) then ran the pipes and dumped at factory location. no bee sound and a nice low rumble at idle.

An 18" muffler will fit, but the Y after the single tube will need to be re-worked, as to fit the mufflers they need to be angled under the rear.

Similar to how this looks (though these are shorter mufflers in there)
swbext6.jpg

Back