94-95 Center Console BASE ONLY

Duffy Floyd

SCCoA Lifetime Member
Looking for one for resto project in grey. The one in the car now has holes drilled in it for I guess mounting a cellphone holder.

Not sure but I think they are different. It was my understanding that the LX's had vents in the rear portion of the console base to allow AC and heater air be directed to the rear seat area. This is based on looking at the Shop Manual only and I have never examined an LX closely to see if this is true. I THINK this is because the SC's had the emergency brake in center console as opposed to the LX that had them on the floor. The SC version of base has no vents...just an ashtry in the rear portion of the console base.

center console

I'll check in the morning I have both I'll put them side by side, and I'll let you know. Thanks, Rob

would you want the one out of my 95? i have a spare, but it has two tiny holes in it. i can live with the holes if you really need one. pm me an offer and i'll swap them out for you.

Thanks for your offer but I don't want you to accept less than what you already have on my account. Not an emergency situation as there is a chance one might show up yet. I did send a PM to the person you mentioned and never got a response.

Console Center Piece

Duffy is definitely correct. The SC consoles do NOT have provision for heat vents to the rear. With the lever for the parking brake there is no way to run the ductwork.

Duffy is definitely correct. The SC consoles do NOT have provision for heat vents to the rear. With the lever for the parking brake there is no way to run the ductwork.

Also the SC console dips down on the passenger side for the E-brake assembly where the LX model sits about 1-2inches higher in that same area. Used to have pictures of it however not sure where theyre at now.

-Tim

Back