engine damage?

TinManSC92

looked at a car that has been sitting for two yrs. with blown head gaskets. anyone know what damage, and how much damage, that would create inside the engine? i'm thinking maybe the main bearings?.... cylinder walls? but, don't know.

It depends.....

Is there any water in the oil?

Hook a good battery up and see if it turns over.....

You did have another thread that i posted in,but i guess i'll post it here,this is what i had said:

Happened to my sc.
Guy left it sit in his driveway for two years with pretty much water in it after he blew the head gaskets.
Engine was junk(good thing i wasn't using it anyways)full of thick scaly rust and siezed solid.
There was no possible way of even reusing any part of that engine so all it's internals went in the trash.
If you have another engine too use then it's worth it.
If not forget it.
Not to mention,it will need brakes all around(rotted from sitting) and all fluids changed.
The only reason i bought mine was because i had a good drivetrain for it,planed on changing the brakes and swapping the complete interior for black leather(which i had).
I just wanted it's mint never winter driven body.

Yep,overhaul of that engine is very unlikely after 2yrs+ of water sitting inside it.
Most if not all of it will be junk,lifters rotted in the bores,valves siezed,pistons rotted in the bores,crank rotted to the main,junk.
Plus like i said above,the other parts of the car damaged from sitting,brakes,abs,tires etc.

Last edited:
Back