Another Lowered Bird

Ddubb

spring1.jpg

spring2.jpg

Heres what Ive been up to this weekend - customer dropped off his 95 5 speed SC on Friday for a suspension overhaul. He provided all of the parts.

H&R Springs
Koni Adjustable shocks Front / Rear
New aftermarket LCA's, Tie Rod ends, Endlinks ( not pictured ), UCA's ( Already installed previously )

And a shot of the car after lowering .. it sits pretty nice but his tires are 255/50/17. It will be getting an alignment in the next day or so.

I also had to replace the upper spring perch for the front end - the rubber was torn where the shock mounts through the perch.

Front Subframe to Body bolts - Drivers side everything was perfectly OK, Passenger side .. missing 2 bolts, and the other two were ready to fall out at any time. Im thinking this is why he was complaining about the engine shaking the whole car .... :eek:

- Dan

Rides like it needs an alignment. I didnt hear any squeaks or pops like the owner of the car was complaining about on my test drive. I'll find out in a few days how he likes driving it. :D

- Dan

Just to update - the owner of this SC likes the handling much better on the car now. It feels more stable at high speeds on the freeway. No more squeaks, or clunks. The driveline vibration is reduced since the subframe bolts were tightened / re-installed. Just one small problem .. the rear tires rub occasionally, need to step down to a 245. :D

- Dan

Just to update - the owner of this SC likes the handling much better on the car now. It feels more stable at high speeds on the freeway. No more squeaks, or clunks. The driveline vibration is reduced since the subframe bolts were tightened / re-installed. Just one small problem .. the rear tires rub occasionally, need to step down to a 245. :D

- Dan

Dan,

You can also roll the rear fender lips to gain clearance.

David

Back