PDA

View Full Version : DS power seatbelt not functioning

91supacoop
06-15-2009, 02:56 PM
the Drivers side power seatbelt doesn't go forward or backwards. The passenger side does, does anyone know of some common problems for this?

the-big-e
06-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Could be a number of things.....

Are you getting power to the motor.....

Sometimes the limit switches get old and worn out...

Mike8675309
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
The motor is located behind the kick panel in the rear seat. There is panel you can pop off to access it down by the floor.

Do you get a seat belt alarm? Has it been like this always, or did it work before? If it's always like this, someone may have disconnected the power and rolled the belt back all the way. This can be necessary if the belt gets too flaky and won't stay in place. The switch for door open/closed can get flaky due to ground issues by the motor.

Duffy Floyd
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
What position is the seat belt track stuck in? Do you get the door ajar warning light if it is stuck in the forward position?

Mine stayed stuck "forward" and I had the Door Ajar idiot light and chime. I disconnected the door ajar switch to get the belt to retract and clear the alarm. Then replaced the switch to get the functionality back.

ecyrbh
06-15-2009, 11:07 PM
I worked on a 91 Probe one time and it did the same thing.Turned out the girl that owned it had hit a parking lot wheel stop and partially tripped the inertia switch.Might take a look-see back there............

91supacoop
06-16-2009, 01:14 AM
the seat belt is stuck in the back position, so while i am safe it's a nuisance to get into and out of the car. There are no seat belt alarms or door ajar chime.

I'll check the inertia switch, but i doubt that's it as the passenger side seat works, but i guess stranger things have happened.

I have the rear seat out right now, so it's a perfect opportunity to see of the motor is simply unplugged or something.

Mike8675309
06-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Note that to gain visiblity to the whole track you have to pull the entire panel off that goes around the top of the door, and into the entire interior side of the car. Not too many screws, just a big piece of plastic to put somewhere while you muck with stuff.