ARC pressure switch???'s

BRIAN WALTER

If I install a threaded plug in place of the arc pressure switch, will the arc system still work correctly BESIDES switching to auto to firm when braking hard???
Ive done some searching and it seems like it would work. Let me hear your thoughts, mine is leaking internally (used replacement) and dont feel like buying another one:rolleyes:. Thanks

I would have to say yes it would as normal.. Since the switch closes even you apply the brakes.. the ARC computer would just never know you braking hard...

I think you can install something on the brake pedal arm itself if you have a dieing urge to keep that function too.. But i know with me, my cars are usually left in Firm.. :D

I agree, it should still work. If you do feel like replacing it, it is just a standard Ford power steering switch that they put in the brake line.

yup

I fixed the leak for $0.25 plus some teflon tape vs $107 for the switch:D Its going to be left in firm ride for the most part anyways.

Future reference for others:I used a grade 5 fine thread 3/8"x3/4" bolt wrapped in teflon tape. WOOOOHOOOOOO

I fixed the leak for $0.25 plus some teflon tape vs $107 for the switch:D Its going to be left in firm ride for the most part anyways.

Future reference for others:I used a grade 5 fine thread 3/8"x3/4" bolt wrapped in teflon tape. WOOOOHOOOOOO

That won't hold. the hole in the block is not pipe thread, it's straight cut thread. I tried it once and found it leaking at the track when doing a burnout.

You need to get an o-ring plug. I never did find an auto parts store with the right one.

www.rockauto.com seems to have the lowest price on that switch btw.

mike

I hope your wrong.....but so far it doesnt leak. The end of the bolt had a taper to it, almost like a machine thread. I had a handful from home depot and only one fit correctly. Thanks for the heads up:)

Back