code 214

VINCES

I used a scanner on my '94 for a CEL light....came up with Code 214. Does tach have to be inoperative or jumping around for 214 to indicate Cam Sensor?
thanks!

I came up with the same code on my 94 SC some years back and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the tach. The car did stall out for no apparent reason a couple of times. Anyway, I replaced the cam sensor which took care of the problem.

Last edited:
If I remember right

If I remember correctly, the 214 code is just a cylinder ID Circuit Failure, which like noted doesn't mess with the tach signal, just can't ID which cylinder is actualling firing, it just goes off the last cycle I thought.

As stated, just replace the cam sensor and it should go away.

Smitty

Thanks guys! So it's just two screws and thats it....I replaced it on a 95 i had a few years ago and was worried i had to adjust it....guess not.

Also, the scanner i used for the KOER test, showed it was testing only 4 cyl's...how can that be? or is that due to the bad sensor as well????

Funny, the diagram in my Actron scanner showed 4cyl too!

Replaced it last night between the raindrops (rain ten days straight). cleared codes, went for a 30-45 min ride, rode great!!!! No codes after that ride...

THANKS!!!!!

PS-Of course one of the screws was missing already...good thing i didn't lose the remaining one!

Back