Carlisle 2010 Ideas

XxSlowpokexX

Guys/gals,

Want you all to throw some idea out for Carlisle 2010.

Gokarts will be in again.
Saturday dinner will be in again but later so we dont miss the Carlisle festivities

Also thinking of making up dash plaques for all those who PREREGISTER. There will also be prizes and or trophies given out for various things.

SC with most miliage
Sc furthest driven to get there
Nicest Stock SC
Nicest Modified SC

These awards will be given based on SCCOA vote only.

If anyone has any idea throw them in. Carlisle specific shirts, hats...If we can...

BBQ and refreshments at the tent along with a manned table

ALso if any vendors wish to donate anything for prizes please let me know was well.

Also if anyone wants to volunteer to help out let me know as well.

Thanks all:O)

Damon

Last edited:
All suggestions sound great only add I have is perhaps setting up a Hotel Discount for a block of rooms to keep everyone centralized.

The real fun and hanging out usually happens off the show field and that would make it easier to do so.

-Tim

How about a trophy for the ugliest SC? :eek:

Thinking about the Olive Garden at 7:30???

Getting a block of rooms can be an issue. The hotel usually requests a certain amount to be reserved. This can be a problem. It is better to simply ask people to stay at a particular hotel. :D

Damon,
I'd be glad to help out wherever needed. Everything sounds great. Only other thing I had suggested was perhaps a group cruise, maybe after Saturday night dinner when everyone is together?

Miller has the right idea with the hotel. If we don't have the numbers to warrant reserving a block of rooms, which, even with a good boost in attendance from this year might still be too much to ask, we should pick a specific hotel, post the information up and try to get everyone who is a definate to reserve there asap.

Dave

A metting in a larger parking lot after the dinner would be great. Even on the parking lot of the shopping center after the dinner. Or something close to the hotel.

My obsevations are that it is very tempting to go inside the hotel room and crash in, after driving all day it happens. That allows for missing folks in the hotel parking lot. Plus getting all of the cars together in the hotel parking lot is somewhat tough since you sometimes have to park far from the group since there is a problem with spaces, also if your room is far from the group then you are bound to leave the car near your room door and that could mean far away from the group.

Other ideas is making an events plan and putting it in any SuperCoupe or Tbird or Cougar windshield. That would let new folks to integrate themselves to the group. I see alot of new folks who have no idea about SCCOA or The plans.

Last edited:
One more suggestion. I think GoKarts is plenty for a half hour. And if everyone buddies up and share the hour it will allow more people to GO kart in the event there are more requests then avail karts. The midnight folks can do the the Whole hour thing, since those are serial killers of the group and highly dangerous :D

Great Ideas. I posted info for Hotel Carlisle and the Super 8 this year because they offered two variables. One a lower cost option and one higher, yet right next to one another. Reserving blocks I am not so sure about but maybe a group rate discount can be had..I'll look into it.

A group cruise is a great idea. We can set a meeting point after the Saturday night dinner and before Karts. Just need to find a good lot to meet at. A really cool thing would be if we could all meet Sunday morning and enter the showfield at the sametime..That would be a sight to see.

Overall as had been alluded to....Everyone is pretty tired after the event saturday and people do crash afterwards. I think if we do a refreshment/food thing like other clubs do perhaps wed all be a bit more refreshed.

Moving dinner to 730 8pm would allow people not only time to see all the festivities at the showfield but also give others time to rest if needed before dinner and karts.

Kart option will be 30 or 60 min just like this year only because we havent had enough interest to need only 30 min time slots. Perhaps this year it will be mandatory 30 min with option of 60 if there is a spot.

And Millers Idea of ugliest SC may be a good one as well..But it would be more in terms of Best Sportsmanship award....

If you all know any company or vendor that would like to donate to the cause let me know. Also something that hasnt been talked about....If the SCCOA donates any monies towards the purchase of any awards would it be fair to say that only SCCOA members are priveleged to them? Or anyone that registers under the SCCOA? I also have vendors/people willing to donate time/money/products.

I am going to have to stress preregistration. Because its key in making this event better and to preplan as far as awards and whatnot

Just some ideas. What do you all think?

Rico..Great idea with an events planner. Lets keep rolling the ideas out. Ill give it another week and put something together

My obsevations are that it is very tempting to go inside the hotel room and crash in, after driving all day it happens. That allows for missing folks in the hotel parking lot. Plus getting all of the cars together in the hotel parking lot is somewhat tough since you sometimes have to park far from the group since there is a problem with spaces, also if your room is far from the group then you are bound to leave the car near your room door and that could mean far away from the room.
If you try to meet up at a parking lot other than the hotel, the people that are tempted to go to their hotel room and crash might not even venture to the remote parking lot. For me, the only downfall to gathering at the hotel parking lot is the shenanigans that might occur. Otherwise, I'd prefer just staying the hotel parking lot. Plus, at least near my house, meeting in a remote parking lots usually invites a police presence and loitering threats.

All I know is I want Mike Tuck in the go-karts with the serial killers next year.. That dude is F-A-S-T!!!

Now that World Ford Challenge (aka World Street Challenge) no longer exist...I'm going to make plans to attend Carlisle next year.

David

Now that World Ford Challenge (aka World Street Challenge) no longer exist...I'm going to make plans to attend Carlisle next year.

David

David,
Make sure you drag the rest of the crew. Micah was there only one year, Tony has a couple years under his belt, Kurt needs to make the trek again.

Plus we need fresh meat for the go karts:D

Ken

Back