brake pressure switch?

rlong

on the brake line going to the rear there is some sort of pressure switch below the other pressure switch on the abs , mine is leaking im looking for a part number or where to buy it

thanks
ralph

Last edited:
Do a board search Huh?. Last I knew Green Sales had some.

Part number for that one is F0SZ 3N824 A

Also from Rock Auto....P/N PSS18 for $98.79

thanks so much for the help but rock auto says thats a power steering switch and green is out of stock
thank you again i read some old posts and learned what i needed

Last edited:
Guess you are reduced to getting one from the boneyard. The switch itself is for actuating the ARC above 400# pressure. It is mounted into the proportioning valve for the rear brakes.

I looked at the switches listed on RockAuto. There is NO pressure switch in PS system and the pictures of what are shown seem to be correct for the ARC Pressure Switch.

its listed

I just checked.......power steering pressure switch is what is listed under even though its for the ARC system. Rockauto has it
Edit:Is thing discontiued or what

hm

I had the same problem...I believe the late 90's explorers had the same one but could be wrong...and I also heard maybe the powersteering one will work because it is the same idea, but not really sure about that either...I know our brake pressure sensor has to do with the ARC when you brake hard enough it kicks on...anyway...I just went to the junk yard and its holding up and working just fine.

I looked at the switches listed on RockAuto. There is NO pressure switch in PS system and the pictures of what are shown seem to be correct for the ARC Pressure Switch.

FYI ... The same part was used on other Ford cars as a power steering pressure switch, and I think the part number places it in the power steering "part family". So that is why it is listed as a power steering pressure switch.

Back