1990 vs 1995

Old Youngen

i have a 1990 thunderbird sc and i had a chance to get a 1995 thunderbird sc .. so i did .. witch one should i keep both are good ... its hard to say witch one is faster.. both stock ... the interior is better on the 95 of course... i want a fast car witch one has more potential ....?????

If you want to build either one all the way the potential is probably similar. However, the 95 blower is better, so if you don't want to spend the money to upgrade the blower the 95 probably has the edge. If you wanted to add an MPX to either one then that edge disappears. Personally I'd choose the 95...better ABS system, better interior, more brake upgrade options.

95's had a bumped compression ratio, head design was different, exhaust manifold was different, they had a windage tray, better blower, larger maf....

my 95, with two tiny mods (3% pulley and exhaust) put down 10 hp more than an 89 with 10% od, ic fan, and exhaust.

95 all the way. You can build either but overall the 94 is better. The ride quality is better however handeling is a bit diminished due to it. Only gripe id have and can easily be remedied

both r awsome cars but 90 will charge u more money if u wanna modify it.....95 already has upgraded stuff than 90 to start with..

It really comes down to which one you like better. Either goal you have can be attained with either SC. Personally, I'd go for the 95 myself. Just like the reasons mentioned above, it already has the upgraded spindles for brakes, newer gas tank for easier exhaust routing, and I like the interior better.

-Melon

90 vs 95

thank you for the input ... i didnt really know but its going to be hard to let my 1990 go now .... ahhhhhhh i have worked on this thing for so long its not funny... lil stuff but still worked on it alot .....

if you've worked on the 90 more than the 95 than i'd stick with the 90... you know that car... you know what you've fixed and what needs to be fixed...
that's the thing about new (to you) cars, you don't know what needs to be done to them right away... it takes time to know the flaws of your car... and besides... i'm proud to say that my car is 20 years old and can still keep up with the new ones...

Back