Correct front brake rotors for a 91SC??

quicktsi

I am seriously confused. My car has a build date of 11/90. When I buy fuel filters I have to buy for the 90 model year. Some sites say no difference and some others say 89-90, 91 up for front brake rotors. How can I figure out which part numbers I need? The guys at the parts store turned the original rotors wrong and they ended up warped, and now I need to replace them.

What's the diameter of the rotor centering hole in the middle of the rotor? That is what determines if the rotor is going to fit or cause you problems. Do a search...you should be able to find the dimensions listed.

OR....buy the rotors for a 89-90 and if they don't fit return them and get the later model ones.

As long as it has the proper front wheel bearing hubs, 91 model year should use the 91-97 style rotor, Ford OEM number F1SZ 1125 A for cross-reference. Same rotors also used on 94-99 Taurus/Sable and 95-98 Windstar.

cheers
Ed N.

I finally got around to pulling the rotors off today planning to replace them. They actually had enough meat they were able to turn them correctly to fix the bad job. While turning the rotors we looked at a 90 and 91 rotor. My 91 does take 91+ rotors.

Back