Idler pullies

Yes, a 90 mm pulley will work for the alternator belt, but you'll really have to work to get it on. Been there, done that....too much work in my opinion.

The Wazee pulleys will wear out quickly, and shed aluminum dust all over your engine, unless you have them hardcoat anodized.

I installed the 90MM pulleys on my blower conversion. I lengthened the arm instead of grinding out all that material. I like how it came out and it works and look great. It took me awhile to do it to get it just right so I dont plan on doing more of them as they are not a profitable venture. I even turned the lower one to make it fit the belt better and give better clearance to the crank pulley which was very close clearance wise.

Ken

Attachments

• Pulleys 1.jpg
    Pulleys 1.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Tensioner pulley 1.jpg
    Tensioner pulley 1.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 99
I installed the 90MM pulleys on my blower conversion. I lengthened the arm instead of grinding out all that material. I like how it came out and it works and look great. It took me awhile to do it to get it just right so I dont plan on doing more of them as they are not a profitable venture. I even turned the lower one to make it fit the belt better and give better clearance to the crank pulley which was very close clearance wise.

Ken

Which tensioner is that anyway? Doesnt look like a stock SC tensioner.

To me not really much of a difference. Just something better than the stock plastic pulley that wears easily. Theres just not that much aftermarket for the stock sized pulley. Being that the 90mm is for the termi cobra there is more to choose from.

Which tensioner is that anyway? Doesnt look like a stock SC tensioner.

Its a stock tensioner with a lengthened arm and MP spring. It has a chrome cover with holes drilled in it and chromed for some bling. Some people think I like bling:rolleyes:

The only reason I though more tension is the Diameter of the pulley is bigger. But if flash is all your going for why not just head down to the machine shop and get one made, so you anit got to attack it with a die grinder?

Back