After Market Shock Replacments

redxr7

I have completed a lot of searching through the forums about stock replacement shocks. I want to keep the original ARC but I’m not sure if he Tokiko Illumina II ARC shocks are the only OEM replacements out there. I have seen that others use the out there KYB Rear Shock Absorber - Gr-2 but not sure if that is the electronically controlled or not. I know the Tokiko Illumina II used with the ARC but was wondering if they were the only ones available for use with the ARC. I’m looking for tips prior to purchase on the shocks.

Hey Bill,

Your only options for ARC shocks are Tokico Illumina II's, or NOS Ford shocks (which are actually Tokico's). Other aftermarket brands do not retain the ARC.

Cheers,

Jerry D.

Thanks for the info. I do remember you telling me about the shocks in the past but it was a few years ago. Im starting on find OEM suspension parts now. The car just sits but I have decided to start a full suspension update on the parts that are worn or need replaced. Im getting all the parts togethere before I start the project. Think it will be easier. I did find a set for $394. at prostreetonline. Just wanted to see if there were other shocks out there prior to making the purchase. I'm like you trying to keep the car original.

Last edited:
Back