No start after reverse polarity

shadow357x2

As it sats above, some dumb a@$ namely me hooked the battery charger up backwards and killed one of my spares birds. Scanned it yesterday and no codes. checked for fuel, ok, spark none. changed the dis and igniton module still same results. Anyone got any ideas? I know someone has done it before but you dont have to admit it :) S

Fuseable link off of the starter solenoid.
Small 12-14 gauge wire coming off of the solenoid,it will melt if connected backwards.
Same thing happened to mine once on a memory lapse lol.

Makes sense, because I had to run a jumper wire from the starter to the solinoid to even get it to crank with the key. Ill check it when I get home.

nope not the fuseable link, checked it with a meter and its good. like I said earlier ,I did have to run a jumper from the starter to the solinoid to get it to crank with the key, so I know I fried a wire on that part, its just confusing that a scanner wont pick it out being it has to be an electrical issue. Got fuel, no spark and everything points to a bad dis. Changed the ecm out with same results, even took the original and put it in another sc and it fired and ran. S

Dave, not to question your knowledge but, from my understang isnt the tps used to tell the ecm what your foot position is and to adjust the ratio? I am getting .99-4.99 volts on the circuit. Is the circuit a pass thru to the spark circuit?

I don't care if you question my knowledge. I question myself half the time. I missed where you said it had no spark. Carry on. :)

:) lmao, I thought maybe you knew a secret that I missed. Ill probably throw another dis module at it in case the one I put on it was bad. Im fairly sure that I smoked a wire somewhere its just a matter of figuring it out. As I said earlier, i had to run a jumper fron the starter to the solinoid to be able to start it with the key. I was getting ready to sell the car for parts anyway and was wanting it to run so he could hear it, Ill probably call the sale off... S

Back