5 Speed Help!

Ironsam63

Some history first. I broke the shifting rods in the trans that moves the forks on the top cover plate. Changed plate with rods and forks. Installed trans. Trans worked fine but it knocked like a rod knock. Took it out, and had it rebuilt and new syncros. Installed the trans,and the same knocking is happening ( the whole reason for getting it rebuilt ). It's not the clutch or plate and not the driveshaft or rear end. The knocking is coming from inside the trans. Has this happened to anyone else? Would like to know what it is before the Trans guys rip me a new one. Thanks, sorry so long. Sam.

Some history first. I broke the shifting rods in the trans that moves the forks on the top cover plate. Changed plate with rods and forks. Installed trans. Trans worked fine but it knocked like a rod knock. Took it out, and had it rebuilt and new syncros. Installed the trans,and the same knocking is happening ( the whole reason for getting it rebuilt ). It's not the clutch or plate and not the driveshaft or rear end. The knocking is coming from inside the trans. Has this happened to anyone else? Would like to know what it is before the Trans guys rip me a new one. Thanks, sorry so long. Sam.

Knocks moving forward or sitting still? In gear or in neutral?

whenever the trans is spinning. Driving when the rear end is spinning it, neutral, and in gear. The only time the knocking stops is when I press the clutch sitting still and the trans is disengaged ( not spinning ) and the rear end is not spinning it.

Back