Flash of Genius movie, Ford stealing the idea of the inventor of Int wipers.

I saw it a few months ago.....

It really is a very good movie....:)

I felt sorry for the main character, but in reality, he should have taken the money.....:D

Does this have anything to do with the "Ford Trademark Agreement Update & Discussion" thread going on in the SCCoA discussion forum? :)

It was fresh on my mind....nvm :p

Does this have anything to do with the "Ford Trademark Agreement Update & Discussion" thread going on in the SCCoA discussion forum? :)

It was fresh on my mind....nvm :p

Thats why I brought it up, I find it to be a similar situation. I saw the movie two days ago.

Doesn't make sense does it?:confused: Sure seems like Ford would do something about that, but then again, maybe they can't...

I responded however I guess it didnt take.

This guy womn millions of dollars. Hardly feel sorry for him. He sued Ford, Chysler, GM, Mercedes and if he didnt die he wouldnt of stopped there. I believe he lost to Mercedes and GM.

The argument in Fords cse from my understanding was that they had been working on several different versions of the intermittant wipers way before. So the idea of intermittent wipers for not his alone. The componants he used to create the intermittant wipers were already in exisence as well. So the issue at hand was not the technology, not the idea...But how the peices were put together. It wasnt so cut and dry and probably why Ford and whomever else did not offer to give him money. They may have already been working with those componants to make thier idea work.

Regardless I couldnt care less. Because apparently Ford didnt get it right on my tbirs as my multifunction swith is telling me a big FU to properly working intermittanyt wipers!

I responded however I guess it didnt take.

This guy womn millions of dollars. Hardly feel sorry for him. He sued Ford, Chysler, GM, Mercedes and if he didnt die he wouldnt of stopped there. I believe he lost to Mercedes and GM.

The argument in Fords cse from my understanding was that they had been working on several different versions of the intermittant wipers way before. So the idea of intermittent wipers for not his alone. The componants he used to create the intermittant wipers were already in exisence as well. So the issue at hand was not the technology, not the idea...But how the peices were put together. It wasnt so cut and dry and probably why Ford and whomever else did not offer to give him money. They may have already been working with those componants to make thier idea work.

Regardless I couldnt care less. Because apparently Ford didnt get it right on my tbirs as my multifunction swith is telling me a big FU to properly working intermittanyt wipers!

:p Mine works just fine, But I have a 97 switch on mine. I dont have the little ribbed lines like the 94-95s do I have a long smooth shaft. ;)

Back