Keyless/FOB Question

Kurt Sunday

SCCoA Member
I have a 90 SC with keyless entry but no FOB. Last weekend at the boneyard I bought the keyless AND FOB unit from a 94/95 LX. I thought I could simply plug it in to the 90.

Turns out that the connectors are not even close. Does anyone know if it is possible to splice this keyless/FOB unit in to a 90? Are the wire colors the same or anything like that?

I know I can go buy a keyless entry system, but I like the stock Ford key FOBs.

Thanks

As you know the keyless entry from an earlier 90 is way different then the late cars. Have you checked the left side of the trunk compartment under the carpet to see if find the factory keyless? If your car does not have the keyless and the factory plug is not there then the only way is to rewire the whole car with a harness from a car with it.

They sell aftermarket units that are very cheap and simply pop the lock up and down. Those might be a simpler solution.

No problem. It's one the my favorite "MODS" to this day. Very convenient.

Make sure you connect the short antenna to the newer keyless module so it can receive the signal from the FOB(S).

alarm

ok, so i just pick a new bird up and it has the alarm on it. everytime i lock the doors the go to unlock them it gose off. the guy dosent remember the code andi need to find it? have any ideas.....

TwoTimeSC,
I never traced where the antenna wire went on the Bird in got the box from. Where does it go? - my guess is to a wire in the back window.

midnight89sc behind the carpet drivers side trunk is a box with a white sticker that is the code. sometimes the code is on the trunk hinge too.

TwoTimeSC,
I never traced where the antenna wire went on the Bird in got the box from. Where does it go? - my guess is to a wire in the back window.

Not sure where the antenna was installed originally in the newer SCs since I purchased the module and antenna off of eBay.

I mounted the antenna horizontally, under the carpeted package tray (shelf) and it seems to work great. I have a range of about 75 feet with a FOB that has a new battery. In that location, the antenna and its wire are totally invisible.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Last edited:
key

so i think i found the code it was on the trunk hidge, to arm in it says to hit the lock button on the door then shut. so to disarm just type in code on door and open door?

so i think i found the code it was on the trunk hidge, to arm in it says to hit the lock button on the door then shut. so to disarm just type in code on door and open door?

It will also be on the keyless entry module label in the Drivers rear quater panel behind the carpet.. to lock the doors hit the last two buttons together, to unlock enter the code, within 3 seconds after entering the code hit the 5 to open the trunk,(I think)... Man now I'm going to have to go out there and try it all again, you get spoiled with the fobs!!

RJ

key fob

In case you dont have an owners manual: The directions say: Turn the ignition on, or on accessory. Then short across the poles in the connector on the outside of the module. The doors will lock and then unlock. Then press any button on your remote and each other remote. When you have programed all of your remotes, turn the ignition off.

Back