PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Powers' Pulley Group Purchase (CLOSED)

Magnum Powers
06-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Hello Everyone!

Summer is here so I thought this would be a great time to offer a Group Purchase on Magnum Powers' 10 rib pulley kit. As most people know these pulleys don't slip and come complete with a wide belt and MP's heavy duty tensioner springs.

The Deal:
MP Jackshaft and Supercharger 10 rib pulleys in either 15% or 20% configuration, your choice.
MP's Heavy duty tensioner springs
12 rib belt that you cut down to 10 ribs

The items above normally sell for $350 in the 15% configuration and $376 in the 20% configuration.

If 5 people sign up the price will be $333
If 10 people sign up the price will be $305
If 15 people sign up the price will be $276
If 20 people sign up the price will be $242
And if 25 people sign up the price will be $217 - gosh that is nearly free, my margins are slim in deed!

I will offer the Magnum Powers 10% 8 rib crank pulley at huge discount as well. The normal price for the MP 10% 8 rib crank pulley is $236.

If 5 people sign up the price will be $224
If 10 people sign up the price will be $205
If 15 people sign up the price will be $186
If 20 people sign up the price will be $163
And if 25 people sign up the price will be $146

If you guys want to go forward with this let me know and I will add the group purchase to the Magnum Powers shopping cart with a deposit to sign up; $150 deposit for the 15/20% JS/SC pulley kit and $100 for the crank pulley. Then at the end of the sign up period (July 26) whatever the remaining price is (final minus deposit) will be added to the cart to close the purchase. Not many people surf the GP/Special page so it is up to you to tell your friends that this GP is going on and get them over here to keep the thread alive.

Cheers,
Charles

Kevin Leitem
06-27-2009, 04:17 PM
trust me guys these pulleys make a huge difference. this is a great time to buy get them now before the shootout. It will be here soon.

QuickMustang
06-27-2009, 09:36 PM
If there are enough people to get the price down low, I'd be interested...

Magnum Powers
06-28-2009, 11:50 AM
If there are enough people to get the price down low, I'd be interested...

Great, I added the deposits for the 15% & 20% SC/JS pulleys and 10% crank pulley to the MP website shopping cart this morning! You can find them at: http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_pro_pri.php The deposits are near the top of the page just under the pictures of the MPx cases.

I am sure there are enough guys to get the extremely low prices if the word gets out the GP is going on. I have never offered these pulleys at such a low prices so this is a great time to get in on a super great deal. Sign up and tell your friends, we can make it happen.

Cheers,
Charles

XR7 Dave
06-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Here's my .02 worth on this one.

1) a 10% crank pulley that is aluminum and neutral balance should be on the list of anyone with a BHJ that doesn't already have one or UD pulleys. It's kind of a no brainer. I'd do this mod before buying a bigger TB or CAI any day.

I realize that some people (myself included) will find that on a stock SC the 10% UD doesn't result in much more horsepower if any due to increased ACT's, but the kick in the pants torque improvement is well worth it. I've been running 10% OD on a totally stock SC for quite some time and love it for daily driving. Doesn't work too well at the race track, but then I don't race this car anyway...

2) Having the full kit sitting around for the day when you upgrade blowers or IC's is just a nice thing. With the 25% kit you can run 15% or 25% with the ease of a JS pulley change so even if you have all the goodies, being able to swap pulleys quickly is a nice upgrade.

3) A group buy like this is good for everyone. A lot of the manufacturing costs are fixed meaning that for MP to make 25 or so of these actually costs less per unit than making 2-3 when someone just calls up and wants to order one. This means that a "sale" like this isn't just a matter of MP cutting profits, it's all of us pulling together to reduce costs and get more for our money.

Anyway, I think the time is now to act on this. It's not likely that a promotion like this will come around again. I know I'm ordering 1 for myself.

89XR7TD
06-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Looks like a great deal Charles!

And as Dave said, something like this might not come around again!

Tom

Tim Groth
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
For a running tally (anyone trying to get a discount)

I'm in on the 10% crank pulley.

-Tim

Magnum Powers
07-01-2009, 01:38 PM
We have our fist deposits; one for the crank pulley and one for the JS/SC Pulley kit!!! :)

Sxar
07-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I put down a deposit on the Crankshaft and JS/SC Pulley kit.

Here is my take on it.

Nobody knows everyone's cash flow situation, but it always seems like there are a bunch of people who post/think "if we get enough people, I will be in". The only problem is that if all those people actually did jump in, there is a much better chance it would get to the price point they are looking for. I hope we get a bunch of people to commit and make the deposit, but I would still be happy with the savings if we only get five.

While I do not think I will use them until next year, I will not pass on this opportunity to save dollars at this time. :D

Matt

Tim Groth
07-01-2009, 05:47 PM
We have our fist deposits; one for the crank pulley and one for the JS/SC Pulley kit!!! :)

Deposit just posted.

-Tim

no164ford
07-01-2009, 06:35 PM
How much can you knock off the 10 rib setup if I don't get the springs allready bought them last year?

Magnum Powers
07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay, we now have one deposit for the JS/SC pulley and two for the crank already. Based on my experience with a Lightning idler bracket GP I did a couple months back this GP will go very well. It seems most people hold back waiting for someone to jump in first and it takes some brave soul to get things going and that we have with Matt and Tim, THANKS guys you're leaders of the pack!!!:) Getting 5 people to sign up will be easy but 25 will take some work as most Super Coupe people don't even know this is going on. So the key is to let everyone know where the thread is soon so they can get in on the action and have time to talk the wife into it etc. Anyway I hope we sell 25 for more, there will be faster SC's and more people having fun as a result.

Charles

Magnum Powers
07-01-2009, 07:23 PM
How much can you knock off the 10 rib setup if I don't get the springs allready bought them last year?

Someone else asked me about that also. I will reduce the price if you already have the springs. (YOU DO NEED THEM) I think the most fair way to do that is to provide a - spring discount based on the final price (% discount). So that would be something between $38 and $30.

Charles

95SC96Mark8
07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
put me down for a 10%

Magnum Powers
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
put me down for a 10%

Great!!! There are a couple of ways to be included in this group purchase. The easiest is to surf to: http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_pro_pri.php and scroll down 6 or 7 carts and click on the deposits you want; either the 10% crank, 15% or 20% JS/SC pulley Kit or both. If you don't have a PayPal account we do take checks or money orders. If you chose to go with a check or money order we will need your information to put you on the list in addition to the funds. The best way to do that is to email me at: charles_warner@mindspring.com and give me your full name and shipping address and which items you want to be in on so when your check arrives we will have a purchase order to match it up to.

Charles

89_Red_Xr7
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Posted deposit for a 10% Crank.

When the GP closes on the 26th, will you send out an email or get in contact with us some other way?

Thanks,
Andrew

Magnum Powers
07-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Posted deposit for a 10% Crank.

When the GP closes on the 26th, will you send out an email or get in contact with us some other way?

Thanks,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew!!! We will ship the pulleys after we receive final payment in the order in which we received deposits. I will send you an email when your order ships.

Cheers,
Charles

Magnum Powers
07-12-2009, 11:21 PM
We had a couple more sign up for the 10 rib 15% SC/JS pulley kit and the 8 rib 10% crank pulley so now we have 4 for the SC/JS Pulley 15% kit and 4 for the 10% crank pulley, only one more to hit our first price break yea!!!

Charles

Magnum Powers
07-13-2009, 11:33 PM
We now have 5 people signed up for the 10% 8 rib crank pulley so we have hit the first price break on that one at only $224!!!!! :) If we can get only 5 more the price will be only $205.

Come on guys tell your friends this sale is going on here, the more that sign up the lower the price and there is only about two more weeks to go so it's time to make the move.

Cheers,
Charles

Flex
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Charles,

I will post this on the Mustang sites as well.

Flex
07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Charles,

Will these work on the M112?

Magnum Powers
07-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Charles,

Will these work on the M112?

The MP 10% 8 rib crank pulley and 15% jackshaft and supercharger pulley kit including heavy duty tensioner springs and belt will work on any supercoupe engine as long as the supercharger pulley is in the same position as the original. How is your M112 supercharger mounted?

Charles

Magnum Powers
07-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Charles,

I will post this on the Mustang sites as well.

Thanks! The Supercoupe/Mustang conversion community has a great opportunity to purchase these hp proven components at never seen before low prices. There is only about 10 days left, it would be a pity to let the opportunity pass.

Charles

Flex
07-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Charles,

It is not mine, but many of the Mustang crowd have converted the lower intakes on their cars to accept the M112. I though perhaps they may be able to use these as well as a frequent complaint after the conversion is massive belt slippage.

Flex
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks! The Supercoupe/Mustang conversion community has a great opportunity to purchase these hp proven components at never seen before low prices. There is only about 10 days left, it would be a pity to let the opportunity pass.

Charles

Roadhawg at V6Power has them on his car with an MPX and has already chimed in. Hopefully a few on each site may bump up the numbers.

Magnum Powers
07-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Charles,

It is not mine, but many of the Mustang crowd have converted the lower intakes on their cars to accept the M112. I though perhaps they may be able to use these as well as a frequent complaint after the conversion is massive belt slippage.

Depending on the model the M112 nose could be a keyed shaft like ours or a press on like the Cobras and Lightnings. In either case I would be willing to provide a supercharger pulley to match their application as long as they could use the rest of the pulley kit.

90MN12
07-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Bump it up...

Magnum Powers
07-19-2009, 01:01 PM
We now have 6 10% 8 RIB MP crank pulley deposits, only 4 more to go to the next price break!!!

QuickMustang
07-19-2009, 02:41 PM
We now have 6 10% 8 RIB MP crank pulley deposits, only 4 more to go to the next price break!!!

When is the deal being closed by and when do you think parts will be shipped by?

Flex
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
When is the deal being closed by and when do you think parts will be shipped by?

"If you guys want to go forward with this let me know and I will add the group purchase to the Magnum Powers shopping cart with a deposit to sign up; $150 deposit for the 15/20% JS/SC pulley kit and $100 for the crank pulley. Then at the end of the sign up period (July 26) whatever the remaining price is (final minus deposit) will be added to the cart to close the purchase. Not many people surf the GP/Special page so it is up to you to tell your friends that this GP is going on and get them over here to keep the thread alive."

Magnum Powers
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Looks like we have way more then enough parts to cover everyone that will sign up by the 26th, which is only a week away, so we will ship within a couple of day past then.

Charles

Flex
07-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Charles,

Why not extend the date if you think more people will sign on? Can underdrives still be used with these?

Magnum Powers
07-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Charles,

Why not extend the date if you think more people will sign on? Can underdrives still be used with these?

I could extend the GP if that is what you guys want, chime in if you think it would be helpful to add a couple of weeks.

Large underdrive water pump pulleys can be an issue interfering with the crank pulley but the other pulleys should not cause a problem.

Magnum Powers
07-19-2009, 11:23 PM
We now have 7 signed up for the 10% crank pulley, only 3 more to go for the next price break!!!!!!

Flex
07-20-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't think it would hurt. May get some more interest from other boards.

Flex
07-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Charles,

What are the dimensions for the 10% crank pulley?

RedBird22
07-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I would be interrested in the 10% OD crank pully, however I need to know if it will work with a BHJ balancer. I recently bought the BHJ balancer expecting to have to take it to a machine shop to have it balanced with the stock pully, but if this will work without having to go through that I would be interrested.

Magnum Powers
07-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Charles,

What are the dimensions for the 10% crank pulley?

The accessory and blower drive pulley groves are both the same at 7.50" diameter as measured at the outer rim. The grove tips are slightly smaller, about 7.25" diameter.

Charles

Magnum Powers
07-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I would be interrested in the 10% OD crank pully, however I need to know if it will work with a BHJ balancer. I recently bought the BHJ balancer expecting to have to take it to a machine shop to have it balanced with the stock pully, but if this will work without having to go through that I would be interrested.

I can see no reason why the MP pulley would not work with the BHJ damper and no one as ever told me they were incompatible. Is there anyone who knows for sure if there is or is not an issue with that combination?

Thanks,
Charles

Mike8675309
07-23-2009, 09:33 PM

I had zero problems bolting up a crank pulley from Magnum Powers to a BHJ balancer on my 93 SC. Just like the stock balancer, the BHJ has an offset pattern to the holes for bolting up the pulley. The pulley from magnum powers also has this offset pattern.

I got in on the original 15-25% overdrive purchase from Magnum powers. Here is a picture of that setup of crank, jackshaft, and blower pulley with belts and tensioner springs. That was bolted up to a BJH balancer.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27476&d=1184116323

Magnum Powers
07-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks Mike for posting that picture! BTW we now have 8 deposits for the 10% crank pulley, only 2 short of the next price break we should make 10 for sure! Cheers!! :)

XR7 Dave
07-23-2009, 10:43 PM

This is an excellent application for the 10% crank pulley. Keep in mind you'll need to use a longer belt going from the crank pulley to the JS. Not sure if the longer belt was going to be included or not.

Magnum Powers
07-24-2009, 12:09 AM
This is an excellent application for the 10% crank pulley. Keep in mind you'll need to use a longer belt going from the crank pulley to the JS. Not sure if the longer belt was going to be included or not.

We provide a longer 8 rib belt if the customer purchases the MP crank pulley with the SC/JS pulley kit since you need them both to use the 8 rib lower belt capability.

If you are running a stock or some other jackshaft pulley it will have 7 ribs for the belt going to the crank. The MP jackshaft pulley has 8 ribs for the lower belt that matches up with the MP 10% crank that also has 8 ribs. Does that make sense?

Flex
07-24-2009, 01:26 AM

Guys,

I believe what Colleen is asking is if the MP pulley will need to be balanced as that is what she is having done to her stocker.

Colleen, aftermarket pulleys are zero balanced already so you should not need to go through that headache.

XR7 Dave
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Guys,

I believe what Colleen is asking is if the MP pulley will need to be balanced as that is what she is having done to her stocker.

Colleen, aftermarket pulleys are zero balanced already so you should not need to go through that headache.

To be technical:

All SC related pulleys are neutral balanced, even the stock one. To be otherwise would imply that a counter weight would have been added to counter something in the motor. For example, early model NA 3.8 harmonic balancers have a counter weight built into them due to missing counter weights in the crankshaft itself. To use one on an SC motor it would have to be rebalanced and the weight removed. This is not necessary with an SC pulley.

In the case of any SC pulley, they are neutral balanced when they are made. Any weight added to an SC pulley is there to counter only an imbalance that may exist within the pulley itself due to material or manufacturing tolerances. This means that a stock pulley can be used on a BHJ without rebalancing if you want to do that.

From past experience, the stock balancer does tend to have a poor balance as do many OE parts (like flexplates, flywheels, etc. which people often swap without a second thought, or rebalancing). To possibly counter this and other issues within the rotating assembly, Ford sometimes added weights to the OE balancer. However, the exact sequence of installation events on the motor is not generally known, so it is a matter of speculation whether or not the pulley was part of the equation when the balancer pins were added. The fact that the OE pulleys are painted after the weights have been welded but before they are installed on the balancers, leads to question whether or not the pulley and balancer are really balanced as an assembly. When you purchase an OE balancer/pulley assembly from Ford it will not come with any pins in any case, or even balancing weights on the pulley unless (apparently) it required correction prior to being installed on the balancer.

I believe there is much misinformation floating around with regard to the stock pulleys/balancers.

A BHJ balancer is balanced after manufacture, as can be evidenced by the drill mark typically seen on the backside of the weight, but the MP unit is not actually balanced after manufacture so technically it is a matter of speculation as to how balanced it may or may not be. However, due to the fact it is machined from solid billet, it is probably going to tend to be better balanced (and more round!) than the OE pulley.

Keep in mind if you do get a MP crank pulley, you will need a longer belt to run it, and if running it with the stock JS pulley, you will need to trim the belt from 8 ribs down to 7, just like you have to trim the blower belt down from 12 ribs to 10. Part number for the belt is Gates K080435. It will be special order from most parts houses.

QuickMustang
07-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks Mike for posting that picture! BTW we now have 8 deposits for the 10% crank pulley, only 2 short of the next price break we should make 10 for sure! Cheers!! :)

Just paid. You now have 9 people signed up for the 10% crank pulley. One more person will push us in to the next price break!

Flex
07-25-2009, 02:35 AM
The accessory and blower drive pulley groves are both the same at 7.50" diameter as measured at the outer rim. The grove tips are slightly smaller, about 7.25" diameter.

Charles

Charles,

Why not have the accessory portion of the pulley underdrive?

RedBird22
07-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I just paid my deposit for the 10% OD crank pully, that should make number 10.

Magnum Powers
07-27-2009, 12:07 PM
We now have 10 deposits for the 10% crank pulley so the price is now only $205!!!

When we got 5 more deposit the price will than be only $186. If you guys want we can extend the sale for a few more days to bring them in, that would save the guys already signed up another 20 bucks.

Cheers,
Charles

Tim Groth
07-27-2009, 12:47 PM
We now have 10 deposits for the 10% crank pulley so the price is now only $205!!!

When we got 5 more deposit the price will than be only $186. If you guys want we can extend the sale for a few more days to bring them in, that would save the guys already signed up another 20 bucks.

Cheers,
Charles

Whats the turn around time on these once the production process starts? As long as I have mine before August 20th you can extended it out as far as ya need. ;):D

Thanks again for this group purchase.

-Tim

XR7 Dave
07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
At $186 everybody needs one of these. Well, unless you have UD's that is. :( Well, $186 would be a steal. :D I'll buy one more if that would help out....

Flex
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Brings me back to my question. Why not offer the accessory portion as underdrive?

QuickMustang
07-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Looks like we have way more then enough parts to cover everyone that will sign up by the 26th, which is only a week away, so we will ship within a couple of day past then.

Charles

I'm guessing they aren't made as underdrives because it sounds like all the parts are already made so as soon as he closes the Group purchase he can start sending parts.

Flex
07-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Jared,

That may very well be, but what I am asking is WHY NOT make them with an underdrive.

Magnum Powers
07-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Jared,

That may very well be, but what I am asking is WHY NOT make them with an underdrive.

Our 10% 8-rib pulley has the same accessory drive pulley diameter as the stock pulley. Sales projections for a different pulley are so low that it is not economically practical to develop a new pulley with two diameters.

Charles

Kurt K
07-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Our 10% 8-rib pulley has the same accessory drive pulley diameter as the stock pulley. Sales projections for a different pulley are so low that it is not economically practical to develop a new pulley with two diameters.

Charles
Charles, not that I want to hijack this thread, but is there a quantity where it would be economical to produce an 10% crank pulley with the underdrive accessory? I suspect there'd be enough interest for at least an initial run. I'd take one.

CMac89
07-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Agreed. It would take more time and cost him more money, but the advantages would be two-fold.

Magnum Powers
07-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Charles, not that I want to hijack this thread, but is there a quantity where it would be economical to produce an 10% crank pulley with the underdrive accessory? I suspect there'd be enough interest for at least an initial run. I'd take one.

We would need at least 35 orders to pay for tooling changes required to produce these at the standard price of $249 and to pay for the production run and make a small profit. It would be much better if we had 50 orders, with that it would be worth my time to design the product. Without production tooling the piece price would be much much higher. I would need at least 50% up front so I could pay for production tooling as well.

Charles

Kurt K
07-28-2009, 06:39 PM
We would need at least 35 orders to pay for tooling changes required to produce these at the standard price of $249 and to pay for the production run and make a small profit. It would be much better if we had 50 orders, with that it would be worth my time to design the product. Without production tooling the piece price would be much much higher. I would need at least 50% up front so I could pay for production tooling as well.

Charles
You're right, sales projections don't add up :), but I had to ask.

WeinerK
07-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Can we still get in on this deal? I'd be in for a 10% OD Crank Pulley.

Magnum Powers
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Can we still get in on this deal? I'd be in for a 10% OD Crank Pulley.

Yes!! I am extending the GP for a few days at the request of people who have already signed up. I have enough pulleys in stock to cover those who have signed up so far and will be shipping in the order deposits are received. I will keep the GP open for a few more days and we at some point will run out of stock and will have to order more so there could be a two or three week wait for the stragglers but at least you will have locked in never before seen low prices.

Charles

Earthling96
07-31-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm new at this so give me a little patience please. I thought that I replied that I wanted to get in on 10% pulley purchase but I haven't heard anything back. I got in on the ripper deal through Bill back in April and sent a $150 deposit. (Haven't received ripper yet but at least I thought i knew what I was doung) thanks for any help guys! I have a 91 5-speed that is so clean and original that all I have done so far is wheels and brakes but the 10% pulleys seem like a mild enough upgrade.

Magnum Powers
07-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm new at this so give me a little patience please. I thought that I replied that I wanted to get in on 10% pulley purchase but I haven't heard anything back. I got in on the ripper deal through Bill back in April and sent a $150 deposit. (Haven't received ripper yet but at least I thought i knew what I was doung) thanks for any help guys! I have a 91 5-speed that is so clean and original that all I have done so far is wheels and brakes but the 10% pulleys seem like a mild enough upgrade.

Give me a call on my cell: 971 226 9006 I'm not sure who Bill is but he does not work here.

Charles

Tim Groth
07-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Give me a call on my cell: 971 226 9006 I'm not sure who Bill is but he does not work here.

Charles

I beleive he was refrencing Evanoff from SCP.

Also since this was extended when do you want us to pay you the remaining portion due?

-Tim

Magnum Powers
07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
I beleive he was refrencing Evenoff from SCP.

Also since this was extended when do you want us to pay you the remaining portion due?

-Tim

Hopefully we can get 15 to sign up for the lower price. On my end I am willing to let it run a while longer to get to that number but as some point people will just want to get their pulleys. When we do end the GP then will be the time to send the remainder hopefully the lower of the two amounts.

Charles

Greg Coleman
08-01-2009, 05:50 AM
how many are in for the 10% crank pulley now?

Magnum Powers
08-01-2009, 10:28 AM
how many are in for the 10% crank pulley now?

There are 10. I am sure there are many more people who would want to get in on this deal if they only knew about it. On other BB's, like the Lightning, GP's are ran on the main BB, not on a sub-category like SCCOA so everyone who comes to the BB sees it.

Charles

Earthling96
08-01-2009, 11:40 PM

ok,how do I pay you?

Magnum Powers
08-02-2009, 01:19 AM
ok,how do I pay you?

If you have PayPal surf over to: http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_pro_pri.php and click on the "add to cart" deposit button next to the pulley you want, either the crank pulley or SC/JS pulley kit. These buttons are about 1/3 the way down the page. If you don't have PayPal we except personal checks or money orders. If you send a check make sure to email me your full name and shipping address.

Charles

91bird
08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Curious how many are signed up for the 15% kit?

Thanks
Drew

Magnum Powers
08-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Curious how many are signed up for the 15% kit?

Thanks
Drew

Three, we need two more to hit the first price break.

Charles

fturner
08-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I just put a deposit on the 10% crank pulley... how many more needed for the 15 people pricing.

Fraser

Magnum Powers
08-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I just put a deposit on the 10% crank pulley... how many more needed for the 15 people pricing.

Fraser

Hey Fraser, I don't see your deposit showing up in PayPal. How did you send it? When yours comes through you will be #11 so only 4 more to get to 15.

Does everyone know the benefits of MP's 10% 8 rib crank pulley and the 15% and 20% 10 rib jackshaft and pulley kits that includes a new 12 rib belt and heavy duty tensioner springs??? Not that much activity happening, just wondering why?

Cheers,
Charles

fturner
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I paid with paypal, and I just verified it went through.

Fraser

LukewarmSteak
08-05-2009, 10:21 AM
I would love to buy a set, but i really can't afford it as i'm laid off for over a month...

if you were to lower your price to the $217 bracket... id be in FOR SURE and i'm sure more guys would hop on board as well...

Mike8675309
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Does everyone know the benefits of MP's 10% 8 rib crank pulley and the 15% and 20% 10 rib jackshaft and pulley kits that includes a new 12 rib belt and heavy duty tensioner springs???

You may want to remind people.

Magnum Powers
08-05-2009, 03:57 PM
You may want to remind people.

I did a lot of testing with various pulley combinations a few years back and discovered there is a serious belt slip issue with all 8-rib pulleys no matter what pulley or belt combination I used. To solve this issue I developed the heavy duty springs that helped a lot but the belts would still slip if running a lot of overdrive. Finally I developed the 10-rib jackshaft and supercharger pulleys, which in combination with the heavy-duty tensioner springs completely solved the belt slip problem for overdrive ratios up to 30% or more.

At it turns out belt slip works as a governor limiting boost (and therefore power) because it takes more torque to turn the supercharger as boost pressure rises. A 8-rib belt has limited abilities to transfer power and a ported M90 exceeds that ability.

Charles

Mike8675309
08-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I did a lot of testing with various pulley combinations a few years back and discovered there is a serious belt slip issue with all 8-rib pulleys no matter what pulley or belt combination I used. To solve this issue I developed the heavy duty springs that helped a lot but the belts would still slip if running a lot of overdrive. Finally I developed the 10-rib jackshaft and supercharger pulleys, which in combination with the heavy-duty tensioner springs completely solved the belt slip problem for overdrive ratios up to 30% or more.

At it turns out belt slip works as a governor limiting boost (and therefore power) because it takes more torque to turn the supercharger as boost pressure rises. A 8-rib belt has limited abilities to transfer power and a ported M90 exceeds that ability.

Charles

If not clear for people, you need to be aware that the pulley's that Magnum Powers is selling are not like stock or many other pulleys that have been available. These have been tested on the track and proven to decrease belt slip due to their specific design which allows for greater surface area of the belt to be in contact with the pulley.

Magnum Powers
08-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I did this testing and developed the 10 rib pulley system when helping Kevin Leitem get that SC of his going. He attain his 10.10 second run last year running this pulley design but at 40% OD.

Charles

rzimmerl
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Can you post the details on how to turn down the snout for the 20% kit, I'm interested in getting in this.

Mike8675309
08-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Can you post the details on how to turn down the snout for the 20% kit, I'm interested in getting in this.

You don't need to turn down the snout so much as you need to modify the ribs cast into the snout. Due to manufacturing differences, what each blower needs can be different.

If you look at the snout of the blower, you'll see it has ribs cast into it that run to the end of the snout, under the stock pulley. Some ribs are taller than the other. When you get to the smaller, wider pulley of the 10 rib setup, the pulley sits back slightly further, that it will interfere with a few of the taller ribs on the snout. You simply need to clearance the ribs that interfere, whichever they may be. You can use a metal file, or a dremel to just shave some height off the ribs that contact the inside of the pulley. I wouldn't recommend a grinder as they are just too big and you don't need to remove that much material.

Magnum Powers
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM
You don't need to turn down the snout so much as you need to modify the ribs cast into the snout. Due to manufacturing differences, what each blower needs can be different.

If you look at the snout of the blower, you'll see it has ribs cast into it that run to the end of the snout, under the stock pulley. Some ribs are taller than the other. When you get to the smaller, wider pulley of the 10 rib setup, the pulley sits back slightly further, that it will interfere with a few of the taller ribs on the snout. You simply need to clearance the ribs that interfere, whichever they may be. You can use a metal file, or a dremel to just shave some height off the ribs that contact the inside of the pulley. I wouldn't recommend a grinder as they are just too big and you don't need to remove that much material.

Mike, you are completely correct for the 15% kit, however the 20% pulley kit has a smaller supercharger pulley then the 15% kit and requires a bit more metal removal. For proper fit the 20% kit needs the snout reduced to 2.20" in diameter for the last 5/8" of the snout. We can machine the snouts for you on the CNC or if you are skilled with a die grinder it maybe possible to do by hand.

rzimmerl
08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Sounds like to much work, wonder if this little tool would work.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=501&catid=106

Magnum Powers
08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Sounds like to much work, wonder if this little tool would work.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=501&catid=106

I have not seen or used the ZZ snout tool but it sounds like it works fine. That would beat sending a snout to MP for machining which would take time for shipping both ways.

Charles

Magnum Powers
08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Well on second thought it looks like the tool is made for superchargers with a press on pulley, not the keyed type as the Super Coupe.

VegasBaby
08-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Just signed up for the 10% crank pulley. Thanks Magnum Powers and SCCOA!

Dangle
08-13-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm confused, and too lazy to re-read all 6 pages...is this crank pulley 'plug and play' or do I need to change the 'rib size' in the rest of the assembaly. If it's just a matter of swapping the crank pulley, I'm in...

XR7 Dave
08-13-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm confused, and too lazy to re-read all 6 pages...is this crank pulley 'plug and play' or do I need to change the 'rib size' in the rest of the assembaly. If it's just a matter of swapping the crank pulley, I'm in...You'll need to purchase a longer JS belt, (K080435) and then you'll have to trim one rib off to make it fit your stock JS pulley.

So it's "almost" plug and play. It's very easy to do.

Greg Coleman
08-16-2009, 03:02 PM
how many now?:D

Magnum Powers
08-18-2009, 02:09 AM
how many now?:D

We have not had any new sign ups in the last few days. I'm wondering if we should close the GP. Thoughts?

Charles

Flex
08-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Maybe update the numbers for any fence sitters.

89_Red_Xr7
08-18-2009, 11:21 AM
We have not had any new sign ups in the last few days. I'm wondering if we should close the GP. Thoughts?

Charles

Would be fine by me.:)

Pablo94SC
08-18-2009, 02:43 PM
What are the numbers on the 15% OD kit (JS and SC pulleys)?

Paul

Tim Groth
08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
What are the figures...

Magnum Powers
08-26-2009, 11:57 PM
What are the figures...

We now have 14 Crank pulley deposits, only one more needed for the next price break!!!!

We have 2 deposits for the 15% or 20% Jackshaft and Supercharger pulley kits that includes a belt and spring tensioners. We need three more to reach the first price break.

Charles

92sclikenew
08-27-2009, 07:26 AM
We now have 14 Crank pulley deposits, only one more needed for the next price break!!!!

We have 2 deposits for the 15% or 20% Jackshaft and Supercharger pulley kits that includes a belt and spring tensioners. We need three more to reach the first price break.

Charles

i would like the 20% 10rib setup but funds wont let me right now. :rolleyes:

Pablo94SC
08-28-2009, 08:45 PM
nevermind...

Tim Groth
09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
When are we going to conclude this Charles...maybe a LAST DAY LAST CHANCE posting will help get the fence riders...if not I am fine paying now and getting the pulleys.

-Tim

QuickMustang
09-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I strongly vote to end this group purchase now and send us our pulleys since my pulley went flying out from under my car today. Plus this has dragged on for a long time now. Let me know if I can pay for the rest of my pulley purchase now so you can get it shipped. Thanks.

Magnum Powers
09-06-2009, 09:42 AM
We now have 16 Crank Pulley deposits and 3 Supercharger/ Jackshaft pulley Kits. So the final price for the crank pulley is $276. I will update the MP website shopping cart Tuesday when I return, hopefully by then we can get two more deposits for the supercharger and jackshaft pulley kits.

Charles

fturner
09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
We now have 16 Crank Pulley deposits and 3 Supercharger/ Jackshaft pulley Kits. So the final price for the crank pulley is $276. I will update the MP website shopping cart Tuesday when I return, hopefully by then we can get two more deposits for the supercharger and jackshaft pulley kits.

Charles

Don't you mean the final price for the crank pulley to be 186?

Fraser

Magnum Powers
09-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Don't you mean the final price for the crank pulley to be 186?

Fraser

You'er right, apparently it was too early in the morning to post.

Charles

QuickMustang
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I will update the MP website shopping cart Tuesday when I return, hopefully by then we can get two more deposits for the supercharger and jackshaft pulley kits.

Charles

Well, this hasn't happened yet, so I just thought I would throw out a reminder here!

93tbird06
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Magnum power put me on the list for 1 10% 8rib crank pulley. currently
transfering money from my account to paypal, so i make payment next week.

Magnum Powers
09-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I updated the MP website with the final prices for the Supercharger / Jackshaft Pulley Kit and the Cranks Pulley. I'm leaving the deposits active for a couple more days in case there are any last minuet people who want to get in. I will ship the pulleys in the order that deposits were made. We will run out of crank pulleys before everyone gets theirs however more in the machine shop being machined.

Charles

QuickMustang
09-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I just paid my final payment on the crank pulley. My car is waiting for the new crank pulley since it sheared the last one off and it got damaged when it hit the ground. Can you please send mine now rather than waiting until the people ahead of me pay for their final deposits?

-Jared Bird

89_Red_Xr7
09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
All paid. Mo' boost time! :eek:
Thanks!
Andrew

RedBird22
09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I just paid the balance for mine also. :)

93tbird06
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
can't make first payment, i'm i too late for groupe purchase?

Flex
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I believe that you cannot cash out with the current final payout but would have to forward total payment for said item.

So you can't just pay $86 for the crank pulley but the entire total. Contact Charles and ask him for the details.

93tbird06
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I believe that you cannot cash out with the current final payout but would have to forward total payment for said item.

So you can't just pay $86 for the crank pulley but the entire total. Contact Charles and ask him for the details.

payment forward yesterday, $86 + shipping add up to over $100.
make 1 more payment of $86 + shipping that should add to total
cost of the crank pulley.

NEEDaSCbad
09-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I just saw this...:o

I'd like to order the crank pulley, is it too late?

Tim Groth
09-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Final payment made - sorry for the delays and thanks again Charles.

-Tim

93tbird06
09-21-2009, 12:32 PM
first payment sent today, final payment still pending, should be ready by end of this week. sorry for long delay.

NEEDaSCbad
09-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm in need of the 10% crank pulley. Is it too late for me to get in on this group purchase and if not, when should I expect to recieve the part? (my DD is down, so if we're talking about another couple of weeks then I'm not gonna be able to swing that...) tell me what you suggest I do.

Tim Groth
10-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Final payment made - sorry for the delays and thanks again Charles.

-Tim

Still haven't received the pulley after 11 days did I miss something Charles? Please let me know.

-Tim

89_Red_Xr7
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Agreed. Any ETA on pullies?

Magnum Powers
10-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Good News! The pulleys are machined and at the anodizing company for hard anodizing, they should be ready either tomorrow or Wednesday. We will be sending them out the following day.

Cheers,
Charles

89_Red_Xr7
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Good News! The pulleys are machined and at the anodizing company for hard anodizing, they should be ready either tomorrow or Wednesday. We will be sending them out the following day.

Cheers,
Charles

Sweet! Muchos gracias on the GP again!

Magnum Powers
10-10-2009, 08:42 PM
I picked the pulleys up Friday from the anodizer and have them in in my hot little hand!! They came out looking real nice so we will be shipping them out Monday. Thanks guys for your support and a very sucessful GP! :)

I have a bunch of MP chin spoilers and other Super Coupe goodies. This has been fun, anyone interested in another MP GP sale??? Chin Spoilers, Tensioner Springs, MPx, etc???

Cheers,
Charles

Flex
10-11-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm sure there are tons of guys looking for items like tensioner springs.

NEEDaSCbad
10-11-2009, 04:40 AM
I picked the pulleys up Friday from the anodizer and have them in in my hot little hand!! They came out looking real nice so we will be shipping them out Monday. Thanks guys for your support and a very sucessful GP! :)

I have a bunch of MP chin spoilers and other Super Coupe goodies. This has been fun, anyone interested in another MP GP sale??? Chin Spoilers, Tensioner Springs, MPx, etc???

Cheers,
Charles

Hell yeah! The Tensioner Springs, MP chin spoilers, MP inlet for 94-95, 85mm TB are all items I would be intersted in. Just an idea. I'd love an MPx too but just can't afford one right now.

Magnum Powers
10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Hell yeah! The Tensioner Springs, MP chin spoilers, MP inlet for 94-95, 85mm TB are all items I would be intersted in. Just an idea. I'd love an MPx too but just can't afford one right now.

So, perhaps I should start a new GP with:

Tensioner Springs

MP 94/95 Plenums

MP Chin Spoilers

MP 85mm Throttle Body

Those are all lower price MP items that would make good stocking stuffers?

Charles

90blkbrd
10-11-2009, 01:25 PM
So, perhaps I should start a new GP with:

Tensioner Springs

MP 94/95 Plenums

MP Chin Spoilers

MP 85mm Throttle Body

Those are all lower price MP items that would make good stocking stuffers?

Charles

Are you planning on doing all of these at once?

IMO I think you should do one at a time. There are members that would only be able to buy one at a time. Having more than one group buy running at one time will hurt sales for each group buy.

Magnum Powers
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Are you planning on doing all of these at once?

IMO I think you should do one at a time. There are members that would only be able to buy one at a time. Having more than one group buy running at one time will hurt sales for each group buy.

I was thinking that also. So, what would you guys want first? The springs are the lowest priced part we have next is the chin spoilers, then the cold air intake.

Charles

NEEDaSCbad
10-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree...one at time would be best. The cai would be great place to start. IMHO I think you will get more people in on power producing parts rather than on other items like the tensioner springs, or the chin spoiler. I'd still be up for those too tho...

Magnum Powers
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I agree...one at time would be best. The cai would be great place to start. IMHO I think you will get more people in on power producing parts rather than on other items like the tensioner springs, or the chin spoiler. I'd still be up for those too tho...

Hey, all my parts are power making parts, some just a whole lot more then others. I am just about out of chrome intake tubes and my supplier that I get great prices from require a minimum order of 30. The T-springs, to get good prices, require a minimum of 100 pieces, this makes it difficult to move forward having to wait a long time to get my money back from sales. Offering GP on these items would help me a great deal as the cost of inventory is very expensive.

I would like to do a GP on the MPx and FMIC but someone earlier said the SC community was low on the heal. ;)

Keep the ideas coming guys, let see where the interest is.

Thanks,
Charles

NEEDaSCbad
10-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey, all my parts are power making parts, some just a whole lot more then others. I am just about out of chrome intake tubes and my supplier that I get great prices from require a minimum order of 30. The T-springs, to get good prices, require a minimum of 100 pieces, this makes it difficult to move forward having to wait a long time to get my money back from sales. Offering GP on these items would help me a great deal as the cost of inventory is very expensive.

I would like to do a GP on the MPx and FMIC but someone earlier said the SC community was low on the heal. ;)

Keep the ideas coming guys, let see where the interest is.

Thanks,
Charles

Someone told you the truth too! Possible a new job soon making about twice the money....I'll be putting in an order for an MPx then :cool:

Magnum Powers
10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Someone told you the truth too! Possible a new job soon making about twice the money....I'll be putting in an order for an MPx then :cool:

God bless you man, I hope you land that job and do well real soon and the same for very one else in Super Coupe land, may you all prosper!!!! It has been real tight here also so I am all too well acquainted with the feeling, but things will get much better!

Okay lets go with less expensive item then. The tensioner springs help solve belt slip in a big way, make more power, can be used with any other drive belt upgrade and the only cost $50 standard price plus shipping. I will start a new thread for that and see what happens.

BTW, the pulleys are all boxed up and labels are being printed as I type.

Cheers,
Charles

RedFox
10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Charles,
Do you offer double bearing idlers to deal with the added tension provided by the springs?

Magnum Powers
10-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Charles,
Do you offer double bearing idlers to deal with the added tension provided by the springs?

No, the springs are about the same as the Cobra and Lightnings springs that work fine as they are, no need to worry too much about that. Metco does offer a double bearing idler if you are interested in them.

Cheers,
Charles

RedFox
10-12-2009, 01:53 PM
I noticed they had 90 and 100mm double bearing idlers but didn't see the 76mm on their site. I will give them a call.

Thanks.

NEEDaSCbad
10-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I noticed they had 90 and 100mm double bearing idlers but didn't see the 76mm on their site. I will give them a call.

Thanks.

I may interested in a set as well in the future, can you let us know here?

RedFox
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I may interested in a set as well in the future, can you let us know here?

This is the reply I got from Metco:

We currently manufacture double-bearing idler pulleys in (3) sizes: 50mm, 90mm, and 100mm. The 50mm pulley is for 6 and 8-rib drives, and the 90mm & 100mm sizes will work with both 8 and 10-rib drives. The added width of these pulleys require additional clearance forward of the pulley's mounting location.
We have a 76mm smooth idler pulley that we manufacture for use in this kit:

http://metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MIP%2D2005

These pulleys are for the Mustang's 6-rib belt, and are single-bearing idlers. We can offer these 76mm idlers separately if you wish.

Thanks very much for your inquiry,
Rick

Rick Bejarano
Metco Motorsports
109 North Park Drive
Anderson, SC 29625
P: 864-332-5929
F: 864-332-5930

Metco Motorsports products are proudly Made in the USA!

I wonder if they would make double bearing pulleys if enough of us called for them?

Failing that, the only other choices we have are Dayco or Gates single bearing. I was told that the cheap Asian ones that many suppliers sell may not last under the added stress. I know that many of the Lightning and Cobra guys use the Metco double bearing pulleys with excellent results.

NEEDaSCbad
10-13-2009, 06:22 PM

We currently manufacture double-bearing idler pulleys in (3) sizes: 50mm, 90mm, and 100mm. The 50mm pulley is for 6 and 8-rib drives, and the 90mm & 100mm sizes will work with both 8 and 10-rib drives. The added width of these pulleys require additional clearance forward of the pulley's mounting location.

These pulleys are for the Mustang's 6-rib belt, and are single-bearing idlers. We can offer these 76mm idlers separately if you wish.

Rick

Rick Bejarano
Metco Motorsports
109 North Park Drive
Anderson, SC 29625

I wonder if they would make double bearing pulleys if enough of us called for them?

Failing that, the only other choices we have are Dayco or Gates single bearing. I was told that the cheap Asian ones that many suppliers sell may not last under the added stress. I know that many of the Lightning and Cobra guys use the Metco double bearing pulleys with excellent results.

Maybe 76mm double bearing pulley is something MP could convince them to produce?

Magnum Powers
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
The crank pulleys shipped yesterday.

Cheers,
Charles

89XR7TD
10-13-2009, 10:41 PM

Rick

Rick Bejarano
Metco Motorsports
109 North Park Drive
Anderson, SC 29625

Some people on here are using the 90MM idler pulleys, there is a post up somewhere showing pics of how far they had to grind off the material of the tensioner to make it fit without hitting.

Tom

SC Kydd
10-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Mine just arrived. Looks good! Thanks Charles.

Flex
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Good. Now get your azzz over to the tensioner spring gp.:)

SC Kydd
10-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Already done!:p

Flex
10-14-2009, 09:55 PM
You da man brotha.

Jason Wild
10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I would like to see a group buy on 85mm tb?

Magnum Powers
10-15-2009, 11:18 PM

Yea, we could do that. How about the rest of you guys, interested in a 85mm TB?

Charles

89_Red_Xr7
10-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Got the Pulley today, looks good! Thanks again!

As for more GP's, I'd personally like to see either the late model MP inlet plenums or some MPx's.

NEEDaSCbad
10-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I agree on the 85mm tb and mp inlet. As much as I would like the mpx I don't know how many people you would really get on a GP.

89XR7TD
10-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I'd be interested in the 85MM TB, damn I change things around alot and this car hasn't ran for a long time, I must be nuts LOL.

Tom

Tim Groth
10-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Charles,

Can you contact me - I've yet to receive my pulley from the group purchase. Can we verify my information.:confused::(

Thanks again,

-Tim

90blkbrd
10-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Charles,

Can you contact me - I've yet to receive my pulley from the group purchase. Can we verify my information.:confused::(

Thanks again,

-Tim

Send him your name and address. Charles is very good at returning emails and phone calls.

charles (underscore) warner (at) mindspring (dot) com

Phone: (503) 357-5444
Fax: (503) 296-5367

Tim Groth
10-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Send him your name and address. Charles is very good at returning emails and phone calls.

charles (underscore) warner (at) mindspring (dot) com

Phone: (503) 357-5444
Fax: (503) 296-5367

Received package yesteday - thanks again Charles. I knew all was good just wasn't sure if my paypal pulled an old address or not when I sent payment.

Thanks again!

-Tim

LukewarmSteak
10-28-2009, 01:38 PM

!!! hello !!!

Magnum Powers
10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
!!! hello !!!

We have sold a lot of MPx cases and intake plenums that did not ship with the 85mm throttle body. I think therefore there could be a lot of guys that could benefit significantly from that upgrade. We could start another GP for the 85mm TB if there is enough interest.

Charles

oSCar3.8
10-29-2009, 07:06 PM
depending on discount, i would be in for at least 1

Flex
10-29-2009, 07:19 PM
The discount could be quite substantial. Check these out. You may be interested in these as well.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110095

Magnum Powers
01-05-2010, 10:56 PM
For those of you who were requesting me to run a GP on the original MP Intake Plenum for the 94/95 blower, well I've done it! Surf to: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111640

Great prices, kind of crazy IMO! :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Charles