95 sc egr delete.

89tird

well today my plan was to get rid of the CEL that comes on and off all the time.. Got 2 inuficient egr flow codes. I had replaced the DPFE a lil while back, today I replaced the EVR no help, so I went and bought a new EGR valve, after reading that I need to take off the supercharger and stuff to replace, I decided to delete it.

I made a block off plate of aluminum for the plenum. when I removed the egr bolts I found out that the tube just spins around inside the manifold so I guess its broken. Made another block off plate and installed it onto the valve itself. still got CEL light:mad:

I was thinking of going to an exhaust shop tomorrow and tell them to cut the tube flush at the manifold and weld a patch over it, before I remove it completely will the car be running richer or leaner without a tune ?

and when I remove it do I remove the vacuum lines also and just leave electrical connected ?

thanks

well just took it to the exhaust shop and he removed the tube, had to cut and re weld the r/h catalytic, re-used the old nut with a penny (thanks to this great site ) and I plugged the top vac line of the EGR. no leaks :D.. still have a ON/OFF CEL but I guess I need a chip.

Back