PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again.......

mcate
06-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Test drove a black 09 GT500 yesterday. First off I'll just say man, what a rush! That car was simply a blast to drive. I've never been behind the wheel of 500hp before. The sales mgr just said take it up & down the street, but the salesman who rode with me knew that wasn't going to happen. We found an open stretch & I took it up through the gears. Sticker is $47.6 & I've got them $600 below that. Thinking about buying it, but I'd have to give up a lot. First, I'd have to sell my SC to Dave for $7k. Then I'd be trading our 08 SEL Fusion with only 9k miles. The dealer is giving me $16k for it, which is a pretty strong offer. That would leave me with a $500/mo payment, which I'm not really comfortable with. So I'd throw in the Mach. They'd give me what I owe on it, so basically I'd just be getting rid of the $275 payment. There must be a pretty big markup on the Shelby because they're giving me what I want on everything else. My decision is whether to give up 2 nice toys & a really good daily driver for one EXTREMELY nice toy..........

nickleman60
06-28-2009, 09:21 AM
I say if that's what you want go for it. Is Deb going to learn to drive a 6-speed?

Roadhawg
06-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm fairly sure the when you drove the GT 500, you did not have the full HP potential. The blower is limited to three pounds of boost for the first 5 consecutive miles or 50 starts. I would love a blue on white or white on blue GT 500. On a side note I have the title of the Mach in hand and it has 7400 miles on it.

mcate
06-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Deb said she "might" be willing to learn how to drive it. She was impressed with the car. It doesn't have the bells & whistles that the GT's we've looked at have, like heated seats or glass roof. I told her that the Shelby isn't about that, it's all about what's under the hood.

It had 4.6 miles on it when we pulled out of the dealership. I nailed it in 1st at about a 15 mph & it fishtailed all the way thru 1st, & a little thru 2nd. (I didn't turn the traction control off) I didn't take it all the way to redline. The rush was the way it pulled thru 2nd & 3rd. I've never felt that kind of hp/tq. If there's more hp in wait I'd be amazed.

mcate
06-28-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm fairly sure the when you drove the GT 500, you did not have the full HP potential. The blower is limited to three pounds of boost for the first 5 consecutive miles or 50 starts. I would love a blue on white or white on blue GT 500. On a side note I have the title of the Mach in hand and it has 7400 miles on it.

A guy on the Mach 1 Registry has a white w/blue 07 w/3500 miles. He wants $37,000.

z90sc
06-28-2009, 03:21 PM
....."It doesn't have the bells & whistles that the GT's we've looked at have, like heated seats or glass roof. I told her that the Shelby isn't about that, it's all about what's under the hood"

......got any "shiny parts" on it.........you know how you like to polish stuff..:D.............lol
z

mcate
06-28-2009, 03:35 PM
....."It doesn't have the bells & whistles that the GT's we've looked at have, like heated seats or glass roof. I told her that the Shelby isn't about that, it's all about what's under the hood"

......got any "shiny parts" on it.........you know how you like to polish stuff..:D.............lol
z

One nice, shiny black paint job!

mcate
07-03-2009, 07:09 PM
No Shelby (for now). Picked up this nice little 09 GT this afternoon. Glass roof, 5 spd, Ford Racing exhaust, headers, tuner, CAI, & 4.10 gears. Exhaust has an absolutely SWEET sound to it. Just doing my part to keep FMC out of bankruptcy! (& maybe put myself into it!)

z90sc
07-03-2009, 09:40 PM
....sure is pretty......congrats................
z

nickleman60
07-04-2009, 09:22 AM
You need a bigger driveway Mike.........:rolleyes:

mcate
07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
One of my neighbors asked me why I have so many cars. My response was to ask why he had so few......

Actually the car count stayed the same because we traded the Fusion. While out running around in the Mach yesterday a guy flagged me down & said that my Mach is exactly the car he's looking for & he asked if it's for sale. We talked a bit & I might let it go. Might be time for me to finally get myself a 70.