Tool to read ABS codes

sd_iconoclast

I have an SC with ABS. Recently, I ran into a problem with the ABS and I wanted to read the codes form the ABS. I searched the forum but nobody could identify a tool that could read the codes from the ABS controller.
I called around to scanner companies and found that EQUUS/INNOVA had a very inexpensive tool to read the codes. It is the INNOVA 3143. The bad news it that INNOVA does not make it anymore. I checked ebay and there were about 10 listed. If you want a tool to read ABS codes, you may need to act fast before they are gone forever.
When I get mine, I will post my results.

Last time I read my ABS codes with a paper clip. Just short the two wires like the EEC test and count the blinking lights ? :confused:

Maybe a bad pressure switch, does your motor run when you turn it on ? You could jump the switch connector and test if its good also. Check the relay first.

- Dan

Last time I read my ABS codes with a paper clip. Just short the two wires like the EEC test and count the blinking lights ? :confused:

Maybe a bad pressure switch, does your motor run when you turn it on ? You could jump the switch connector and test if its good also. Check the relay first.

- Dan

I Wish I would have had that info over the weekend while I was working on it.
Which terminals do you jumper?
What light flashes?

I am not sure if the motor runs or not. I hear a motor, but I think it is the fuel pump. I did not have an assistant to turn the key whikle I listend at the mastyer cylinder.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/abs-system.html .. should be everything you need to troubleshoot the problem.

I cant remember which 2 wires, there are only 3 on the abs test connector. The ABS light itself will flash .. just like reading the EEC codes with the Check engine light.

- Dan

Thanks, I have that document, but it does not mention anything about being able to get the codes by jumpering two pins. It says to use a commercial code reader.
How did you find out which pins to jumper?

Not sure .. I have a 94/95. The two wires I jump are the Black one and the one on top of it ( white or green ? ) .. I checked the codes on two SCs in the last month, but they were both late model.

- Dan

First thing you need to do is verify that the pump motor is running.....

Key off, pump brake pedal 15 to 20 times then turn key on, but do not start....

Quickly get out and listen for the pump motor running.....

It is right below the accumulator (black ball) and you should hear it hum for a little while then click off....

If it doesn't run, you can make a set of jumper wires and apply 12v directly to the motor to get it to run.....

If it won't run when 12v is applied, you need to have the pump motor rebuilt.....

acc ball

i would like to buy your ball! how much and i will send it through paypal........ going throught the same prob with the hard b pedal and mineis the ball.

pins

the pins that you re looking for are the vertical pins in the connector are the pos and the horizonal are the neg.. going from the flaat side of the conn. i went through this last night, i just took out my pressure switch and its good so i need the ball. i have a switch if your interseted i am oing to get two tommorrow.

Back