Looking for new ABS accumulator balls

the-big-e

Just got word that S.I.A. isn't carrying the accumulator or pressure switches for our ABS units......:(

I don't think Prior is messing with these units, as well....

Anybody know where to get these parts now.....:confused:

I thought I read a post on here that said Prior wasn't messing with our Tevee units....

Last edited:
I must have jumped th gun too soon.....:rolleyes:

It looks like Prior is still selling stuff for our ABS units.....:D

I'll check in the morning for price and availability of the accumulator balls.....

They look like they are asking $185.00 for them.....:eek:

Ed
The last ball I purchased was from this place.
http://www.directfordparts.com/
The name has changed to Silverstate but this link takes you there.
The ball I purchased was a NEW Ford product (not rebuilt) and was $183.** plus shipping. That was in August last year. They may still have them.

Later dbd

Balls........

plaese tell me why the hell these little balls are so damn much? i foundthem at spinning wheels for 139, best price for brand new so far.

plaese tell me why the hell these little balls are so damn much? i foundthem at spinning wheels for 139, best price for brand new so far.

LOL. Because they hold over 2,000 PSI of pressure? Because they have a thin diaphragm that has to hold back nitrogen gas from your brake fluid without leaking? Because they are made in Germany?

I admit, for brake parts they are expensive. But it's a complex system. At least the accumulators seem to last a long time (the original lasted over 15 years, right?).

Since when does Prior not carry the accumulators? They have sold hundreds to people on this board. Did you call and ask?
I spoke with them earlier this year and they said that they were not selling accumulators nor rebuilding Teves II ABS anymore. Maybe they changed their minds which would be good. However, with Ford selling parts, and since Victor has some, I'm not concerned... at least not just yet.

I think the accumulators should be available somewhere. I wonder if they decided to stop rebuilding the Teves II units because of the repeated warranty failures that one or two people on here had with theirs? I don't recall the name of the poster, but he sent one back many times and it was never right.

Back