Wiring harness???'s

BRIAN WALTER

What year interior/body and dash harness's would be interchangable into my 89 xr7. Does every harness have plugs for keyless entry, sentinel lights, etc?
For example: Would a 90 interior harness and dash harness have pre-existing connectors for other options and be a direct plug in? Would a 90sc dash work with a 90sc body harness?
Thanks im trying to get this back together asap

I can only say that in order to add the Delayed Headlight Option to my 92 SC I had to buy an "extra" section of harness that ran between the sensors for this system, dual relay coil and delay adjustment switch. This harness did interface with the existing harness but without it I would have been unable to add this option. So at least in this arena I can say all the harnesses are NOT the same.

hmmm

What about 5 speed vs automatic wiring harness.......Will the automatic dash harness have the connector for the 5 speed transmission harness?
I got a line on 90 xr7 automatic thats rusted beyond belief and would be a great donor for me. THanks so much

Duffy, you are always a great help

I know the '90 auto wiring harness does not have the connectors for the clutch pedal switch etc.

Fraser

Yah never seen the clutch pedal connector on a '90.. only on '89's
it's not very hard to wire it in thou.. Only 4 wires on the '89-90's anyways.. Starter interrupt and EEC neutral signal

Tranny harness side i can not say the connectors under the center of the dash are the same thou.. it's just if all the terminals/wires are there on the dash side..

Back