Comments on supercharger build.

92supercoug

I'd like to know what or if any problems i might run into, running a supercharger setup from a 92 SC T-bird on a stock 92 Cougar. The motor has been through a fresh rebuild around 20,000 miles ago.

I was wondering if the higher compression ration is going to make a huge difference. Also i'm running a completely stock supercharger setup. no over or underdrive pulleys.

Look in the FAQ's, do searches. The n/a motor won't last long under a supercharger. About as simple as I could put it.:eek:

everyone on here all say it can't be done and knowone actually said that they have tried it or know people who have done it. the changes made between the n/a and the sc motors shouldn't make a such a huge difference that its going to blow up 10 miles down the road when its running at stock sc boost. so i really don't see the problem. the other thing is people don't say what would happen running this setup. whether you would (through a rod, spin a rod bearing, bend a rod) nothing to that affect.

Do a search...there have been several "reports" of attempts posted on here. But in the end you will do what you want so good luck....you'll need it.

NA motors have higher compression. You can super charge an NA moter reliably, but they don't like much more than 5 or 6 psi of boost. My cousin has a focus that has had a blower on it running 6psi for about 90,000 miles. But he drives somewhat conservativly and is running low boost. If you research kits for NA cars you will see the most they run is 6psi. More than likely at 10 to 12 psi you will blow the motor in a short period of time. Yes it can be done, will it last long, not at stock SC boost levels. That is just my two cents.

Back