PDA

View Full Version : I miss my old XR7

kylecoz88
07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Guys, have you ever wondered where your old car is today? Well, I do. Although I have moved on to another SC, I am curious to see if anyone knows where/ has seen my old car.

Looking back on the ole girl I realized that she was pretty darn reliable for me. The last I heard the girl that I sold it to in 2005 had a "major problem" and had to sell it off. She was located in NE Iowa in Nashua (close to where I grew up/ went to college).

I canít believe this page is still around. Below is my coolcats page. I didnít even know about sccoa back then. Check out some pictures to see if you recognize her.

http://www.coolcats.net/photos/index.php?ID=116

1990 XR7 Red with black leather interior.

Oh yeah, I picked up a 1990 SC 5-speed in April. I had an urge that needed to be fulfilled.

Kyle

90blkbrd
07-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I miss my 1992 Thunderbird Sport that I purchased new. When I tried to find it, I found out it was in a salvage yard in Ames. It had been in 2 major accidents, the second totaled it.

How is your SC? Do you have it running right yet?

kylecoz88
07-09-2009, 11:04 AM
I have quite a few little things fixed, but the starting problem is still there :mad:. My car is actually in LaCrosse right now being painted by my brother-in-law. It sucks not having it 'till August but it will be worth it. Mmmmmmm, nice and shiny :D

My brother-in-law installed a chip from Dave over the weekend and it helped the starting problem, but didnt cure it completely. He had hooked it up to an OBD1/OBD2 scanner and said that it wouldnt clear the stored memory and it was throwing codes he had never seen before... I dunno, might need to find another ECU when I get the car back.

In withdrawl,

Kyle

ricardoa1
07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
:(

I miss my 03' Cobra vert. I would have probably been up to 600rwhp by now. :o

S_Mazza
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Hmm, I can account for all but one of my previous cars. One still on the road, 2 scrapped, 1 sold and don't know where it is (but don't care as it was a Dodge Stratus).

getblown
07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
:(

I miss my 03' Cobra vert. I would have probably been up to 600rwhp by now. :o

Hah, isn't the 95 there now? :)

I had a black on black leather 5spd 89 XR7 that had $5k in body work done before I bought it with a blown motor, I replaced the motor and that one blew up. Its a shame, but I couldn't find a buyer for a perfect body and being only 18yrs old I had no place to store the roller until I could save it. I parted it out, I'd give the potential DOHC 95 and my 93 SC to have it back as a roller. :o

kylecoz88
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Allright, so I dont miss my cougar that much anymore. I started that post when my SC was out for paint. I got her back now. If you want to see how that paint turned out click here (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109150)