Code 55

slowpoke

Heya all, im back for a short time, and bang got sc problems lol. Had a stupid dog jump up and scratch my car so like a hot head i ran the poo out of the car while leaving the retard dog. After running it hard i had the check engine light come on. Nothing was running any different other then a lil bit of clutch smell. So once i got it home i shot the codes and it showed just 1. CODE 54, act(air charge temperature sensor) sensor input exceeds maximum. What does this mean? and what are my possible corrective actions other then keeping a cooler head?

sorry it says code 55, i meant 54 :)

Last edited:
I'd try resetting it first, then if the code comes back, replace the sensor. If it doesn't come back on, then possibly just got it hot from getting on it so hard.

if i recall, the way to reset the codes is wait untill it in the code reading stage then pull the wire from the harness. does that sound right?

urg i would have been a good blond, disconnect batt. lol

Last edited:
well i cleared the codes then checked again, still got 54 again this time also got 67. 67 is for bad circuit somewhere. got to looking around and some how half of the sensor for the air charge sensor broke off. nothing around it to hit or anything. anyways i soldered some leeds to it and everything worked just fine. will be getting a new sensor tomorrow.

Back