Can i pull heavy weight with my SC?

tslasher

I'd like to know if my XR7 could pull out a little car (VW scirocco) for about 300 km... (it's too expensive to rent a truck)... does the shocks will take it?? thanks for your answers

Should be able to

I am just guessing, but I would think it should be able to. These things have some good torque!

You'll most likely overheat it especially on hills and you'll be going into boost a lot. The owners manual says not to tow with your SC. If you remove the SC belt so you can't go into boost, it may work, but you know how flakie our auto tranys are. I'd borrow another car to do the job. Good luck.

if you read your XR7 manual it specifically says "absolutely no towing". i had a scirrocco that i hacked to pieces, lifted, and took the the desert, needless to say, it threw a rod, and ended up with a hole in the block. thus... bringing it to it's own burial ground. dug a huge hole with a bobcat, and pushed it into the hole... but yeah, great cars, while they run. um, the car weighs like what? 2000lb, maybe? i guess that's equivelant to a bunch of fat a$$es in the car... i would honestly borrow your friends SUV... you know you have a friend with an SUV, since every one and their mother has one these days. good luck!

If you must tow. Here is what I would do:

1. Don't use A/C unless you want to monitor the temp gauge closely.
2. Don't use overdrive this should keep you out of boost. I assume you have a auto and therefore should use D not OD. If manual stay in fourth.

3. Might try some air bags that go inside the coils in the rear. If you can't afford that then use FIrm setting.

Good Luck

Jerry

Back