Need Brake Master Cylinder

SCchick3

I've looked everywhere, no rebuild kit, and the cheapest one i can find is over $300...anyone have one they're willing to get rid of? I could really use it....Its for a '91, with ABS. Let me know if you have anything, Thanks!

Last edited:
I lost brake pressure very quickly and found it impossible to bleed the rear brakes. Infact, when i took off my back tires, i could tell the rear passenger side was hardly being used. Then it started leaking from my porportioning valve. I replaced that and then lost all brake pressure.

I know the ABS works on my car because i had to drive a little bit this past winter, but i just need the master cylinder...

I lost brake pressure very quickly and found it impossible to bleed the rear brakes. Infact, when i took off my back tires, i could tell the rear passenger side was hardly being used. Then it started leaking from my porportioning valve. I replaced that and then lost all brake pressure.

To bleed the rear brakes, you have to do it with the key on and have a working ABS pump motor....

Yeahhh we've tried basically everything. From having the car on, or just the ignition and manually pumping or letting the pump do it by itself...i'm thinking its just time to replace the master cylinder. Ugh :eek:

Is the amber ABS light or red brake light on at any time....:confused:

If you tried bleeding the brakes with the key on and got no fluid at the rear calipers, I'll bet your ABS pump motor is bad.....:(

It can be rebuilt......:D

Or it could be something as simple as a bad ABS relay switch......

With the key off, pump the brake pedal 20 - 30 times, then turn the key to on.....

Listen for the pump motor running.....

If your master cylinder isn't leaking brake fluid and you don't have any water in your system :rolleyes: then your problem is somewhere else.....:p

Back