short block

esgtbird

I was just wondering what rods are you guys are using when you rebuild you short blocks and what piston do you have the best luck with?

I just recently got a rod knock in my motor and would like to redo the bottom end. but dont know what would work the best.

I would like to go with a good set of rods and pistons. I am really looking for something that would last?

I'm using the scat long rod with custom wisecos and they are holding up great. Email Dave Dalke.

If you want to use the stock rods or stock length rods I'd go with the previously mentioned pistons.

I was just wondering what rods are you guys are using when you rebuild you short blocks and what piston do you have the best luck with?

I just recently got a rod knock in my motor and would like to redo the bottom end. but dont know what would work the best.

I would like to go with a good set of rods and pistons. I am really looking for something that would last?

Its not a rod knock, just run it. If it blows, it was a rod knock, if it doesnt, you owe me a Big Hug! :D

If you do have a rod knock your crankshaft is damaged. The cranks can be turned down but they're then not as strong as original although there is a nitride service in Ohio that might be able to restore the strength to it.

I've never seen an SC crank fail from being turned undersize .010" as long as the radius is maintained. If the radius is not maintained then nitriding won't help it. .020" shouldn't be an issue either, although that may make some people nervous.

Back