centerforce/spec

slowpoke

out of centerforce and spec stage 2 clutches witch 1 has proven it self to be a better clutch, mine is starting to slip so its time for a new 1

Centerforce clutch

Just had my clutch done went with the centerforce. It was a little grabby at first but now I have 300 miles on it and pretty much broken in it feels like the original. Read the forums to help my choice seems C/F recommended for a daily driver and the SPEC II more for racing. For me I'm glad I chose C/F.

Attached photo - my Spec Stage 2 clutch and pressure plate after 15,000 miles. Mostly street driving. Very little power shifting, some speed shifting.

I went with a Centerforce Dual Friction this time. Much easier to hold down when stopped.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• clutch pp.JPG
    clutch pp.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 111
i would say it looks like you have all had better luck with the centerforce. so be it said be it done. i shall get a centerforce . ty for your comments. :)

Hey,

I'm with White Thunder 100%! I'm acutally working on my car right now! I had a Spec Stage III and after about 18,000 mi, no power shifting and once to the track the clutch had the same symptoms as White Thunder plus it smoked the Throwout Bearing and my fresh OEM slave cylinder :(! Going to a Centerforce DF! Do you have a late model SC Slowpoke?? If so I am working on a post right now with illustrations of how to modify a early model Centerforce clutch to work with a late model setup! Thanx to Dalke for the info :)!

On another note, Slowpoke where abouts do you live in So Illinois? I go to SIUC!!!

Later, B

Spec stage 1 clutch and aluminum flywheel here, 10k miles and no problems yet. been beat on pretty hard and to the track more than a few times in the past. Draw is quite a bit heavier than stock, but engagement is butter smooth, I personally really like the way this clutch performs.

Last edited:
Back