Fuel Rail Differences

Mike8675309

I thought I had the differences of fuel rails figured out when it seamed that at least early model SC's like 90 had painted black rails, and 93 and later had chromed rails.

Well low and behold I run across a chromed rail that was said to be for an SC, but it has a different type of fuel pressure regulator on it. The bracket on the back also looks different. The one on my 93 and from my 90 have a FPR that uses a triangular mount with 3 screws. This different rail I have is a oval type mount with just two bolts.

The rail is the same other than the bracket and the FPR. Anyone know what year this type of rail may have come from?

Weird Rail Bracket

93 Rail Bracket

I believe the 94-95 got the chrome rails with the two bolt regulator. I have "heard" they will fit earlier SCs but have not verified that to be true.

I believe the 94-95 got the chrome rails with the two bolt regulator. I have "heard" they will fit earlier SCs but have not verified that to be true.

Since the heads are essentially the same, they will fit essentially the same. the difference may be in that bracket on the back, as it's wider and cupped on the 93 rail to route the throttle and cruise control cables behind the intake manifold. The 2 screw one appears not to have as much as a cup. I was concerned that it might not be an SC and would be some other ford rail, kinda close but no really.

I just checked rock auto and they show both the 3 and 2 hole for my 93, and 94 and 95. I guess that's why they show pictures on those as perhaps replacement fuel rails all went to the later design, so your car might have either one.

Thanks

These have straight brackets...
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• P4150040.JPG
    P4150040.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 142
Back