where can i find a NEW dis/cam sensor wiring harness?

toronto_1990sc

does anyone sell new wiring harnesses? specifically the one that connects the dis to the cam sensor and whatever else it goes to.

i'm going to unplug the cam sensor see if the bucking etc goes away...but the harness itself is pretty grungy, it may very well be fine but i'd love to just swap in a new one.

speaking of which..where can i find NEW cam sensors?

does anyone sell new wiring harnesses? specifically the one that connects the dis to the cam sensor and whatever else it goes to.

i'm going to unplug the cam sensor see if the bucking etc goes away...but the harness itself is pretty grungy, it may very well be fine but i'd love to just swap in a new one.

speaking of which..where can i find NEW cam sensors?

I don't believe new wiring harnesses for any of the Super Coupes are available from Ford.

Might find one in a junkyard or from SCCOA members who are parting out cars.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

I think Oreilly's sells the connectors so a homemade one is a very easy option. We make modular aka Q/D plugs at work almost everyday and would be almost no difference.

I could do it--provided get connectors--but would be cost prohibitive to market. I'd figure about 1hr per harness in labor minimum and easily get up to 3 to 4 for the more complex harnesses.

To do the whole DIS-ICM-CMP harness with ~22 termination I'd estimate 2hrs. I'd be willing if willing to pay (PM if interested).

As for a new Cam Sensor they are easy Autozone should have them all the 3.8 Cam sensor are the same.

Last edited:
Back