Can I borrow a DIS Module

Dahoopd

Anyone have a DIS they want to lend out for testing. I dont want to go buy a brand new one if thats not my issue. I will pay for shipping both ways. If it happens to be the problem than I will buy it if the lender is interested, if not. I will safely return it in the same shape it was sent.

Its the last thing I am willing to try to get this pig running.

I have one you can have. It works but I replaced it because the plug inlet had a piece chipped out. I will mail it to you tomorrow if you want it.

Damn,

Sounds like the same problem I had with the exception being that I know on mine it was the balancer. I started with all of the above working to the hardest part being the CS and still nothing. I went back down to see how the sensor lined up and when I touched the outer ring of the balancer, it spun. One BHJ later, fixed.

Unless its just not completley out yet, it seems fine. I pulled on the balancer and tried to wiggle it and no problem. I hope its the DIS. I just cant see why it would go bad just sitting. The car ran perfect before I pulled the brackets to do the mounts. It actaully ran better than it ever has. Im thinking if its not the DIS than it has to be in the grounds somewhere. I want to drive the car and just leave it alone. Every time I take it a part for something thats not broken, it ends up not running right or not running at all.

Damian,

Prior to not starting at all, my car experienced the odd no start situation. After sitting awhile, it would fire up. When it finally wouldn't start, I went through everything you did even completely reassembling it after replacing the crank sensor before realizing that the balancer was fried. When I was installing the crank sensor, my hands were all over the damn thing and I never saw it move.

Back