window seal?

93superchicken

Anybody know how to change the door window seal that goes around the top part of the window? At some point someone tried to brake in through the back side of this seal/guide and bent up the metal inside this seal. I can roll the window down, but when I put it up it pops out:mad: Any help replacing this part would be great! don't want to start on it and mess up my door.

I haven't done it too many times, but it's not too bad. If I remember right, after taking the door panel off, and unbolting the window glass...there is a channel in the front of the door that unbolts, a channel at the back of the door that unbolts, and you need to take off the fuzzy strips along the bottom of the window opening. After that...I can't remember for sure, but it seems like there is another bolt on the front end of the piece you're trying to replace, and maybe even the back too...it might just press on though. Once you get it loose, just work with it to get it out. Putting in the new one is where you'll need to be careful. You have to hold it just right to get it inside the door to avoid twisting or warping the metal in the seal.

Sorry that it's not too thorough. If you need, I can refresh my memory and get back to you. I'd just suggest dedicating 4 hours to learn how to do it yourself. Everything is unbolt/unscrew...no rivets to drill out or anything.

I've taken a few out and it isn't that hard......

Like Dr. F, I can't remember how it's done, without going out and removing one from one of my parts cars...:rolleyes:

You can go to your local yard and try your hand at removing one from any MN-12 bird or cougar......:D

If you tear it up, no problemo.....:p

You're going to have to get one from there, anyway.....:p

You can go to your local yard and try your hand at removing one from any MN-12 bird or cougar......:D

Speaking of that, I'll be going to the junkyard today. If you need me to, I can take a closer look. It really isn't too involved though.

Back