Whistling sound when boosting

JACTcoupe

OK so when the car boost it makes the Whistling sound. Under hard boost is sounds like a squeal and it seem a lil sluggish. And when you run the RPM up the boost keeps climbing. I have gotten the boost so far up to like 13psi. Like when the nettle is in-between the 10 and 15. I haven't let it go any further past that. I'm thanking my cats are clogged up. Cuz A few days before it started, they were rattling bad. Any ideals? Any of you guys ever had this problem?

I have never heard a belt whistle. Its sound like someone trying to play a flute, and suck. But I will check.

you said it sounded like a squeal, usually a bad belt will make that kind of sound. My sc makes a wiesel sound while boosting, but no loss of power. if its not a belt it could be your pulleys are not holding enough pressure on the belt causing it to slip making the squealing sound while the rpm's are up. you my also want to check the your air cleaner it has happened to me before, the air cleaner was clogged pretty bad, and when i got on the car i heard a squeal. what happened is the air filter vibrates and makes a weird noise.

...you need to bring that car over to my house,maybe this weekend,and let me and Keith take a look at it...................
z

I have never heard a belt whistle. Its sound like someone trying to play a flute, and suck. But I will check.

trying to play a flute, my old t-bird did the same thing, it was the air filter clogged up, it might be worth a try.

Sounds like its doing the same thing my old cougar did when the SC belt was slipping real bad. But that was because I put a 10% pulley on it with the stock belt (I had to drive the car to autozone to get the right belt for it.)

Back