fluid leaking from behind sc pulley

artic94sc

is there a seal right before the pulley on the sc? because i have fluid leaking from behind the sc pulley(or actulley onto the pulley). other than that the sc is nice and tight...

what do i need to replace......

Last edited:
You need to replace the front seal. It is fairly easy and I am sure someone here will post the part number.

I just did one this morning....:rolleyes:

But I don't remember the part number right off the top of my head.....:p

Seal is a Chicago Rawhide part #7967

20 x 47 x 7 double lip seal.....

You can replace it with the blower still on the engine, but it's a lot easier to remove the entire blower.....

After you get the retainer clip out, you will need to drill two small holes 180° to each other.....

Install two self tapping screws into these holes....

Use a flat blade screwdriver (or other instrument of destruction) to pry the old seal out....

Lube up the inner and outer lips of the new seal and gently press it into the snout.....

You can use a large socket to help get even pressure around the outer edge of the seal.....

If the seal gets cocked to one side, gently remove it and re-seat the spring on the inner lip of the seal....

Be careful, as the inner edge of the retaining ring groove can catch the rubber seal which is a big PITA.....:rolleyes:

Now would be a good time to change the oil in the snout....

sc noise

while i have this post going, the guy that i bought the car from said he had the sc redone. which i looks like and feels like. but when the car is running there is one hell of a cluncking noise comming from the sc housing. it is constant and very loud.........:eek:

like i said there is no playbut when you start and stop spinning it quick you can hear the clunk..... so what you guys think and if it has to be rebuilt give me a price and the guy to do it.

thanks

Coupler

while i have this post going, the guy that i bought the car from said he had the sc redone. which i looks like and feels like. but when the car is running there is one hell of a cluncking noise comming from the sc housing. it is constant and very loud.........:eek:

like i said there is no playbut when you start and stop spinning it quick you can hear the clunk..... so what you guys think and if it has to be rebuilt give me a price and the guy to do it.

thanks

Sounds like the coupler has gone out on it. Mine sounded terrible like that until I changed it to a solid coupler. Again, I think Spinning Wheels carries them as well.

Pretty easy fix, but I would then recommend taking the SC off the motor and doing it on a work bench/

My .02 worth!

Smitty

sc

what all di i have to do? i have the seal out right now waiting for a new one so if i could do it now that would be great. its on my work bench right now..

do you remember how to do it.....

Take all the bolts out....:rolleyes:

Separate the snout from the rotor housing.....

You will see the coupler....

Clean both mating surfaces with scotchbrite.....

Install new coupler......

Apply a thin film of sealant to both snout and rotor pack surfaces....

Let it get tacky and then re-assemble.....

Fill it up with SC oil and your good to go....:D

Back