Car cas been sitting idle for a year

ChrisPearl95

:rolleyes:

Hello guys,

I have a 95 auto that has not been driven for a year. OF course the battery is dead...bought new one today.

Any recommendations to get it going properly. I'm putting gas treatment in the tank and plan to have all the fluids changed.

thanks, chris

:rolleyes:

Hello guys,

I have a 95 auto that has not been driven for a year. OF course the battery is dead...bought new one today.

Any recommendations to get it going properly. I'm putting gas treatment in the tank and plan to have all the fluids changed.

thanks, chris

Mine sat idle for 7 years.
Drain the radiator and put fresh anti-freeze in.
Check the belt and hoses for deterioration.
Check the tires. If they are older than 6 years get new ones.

Thanks!

Thanks man! Did you experience any real mechanical issues? Tires are only about 2 years old. If there are flat spots, they should correct themselves.

My radiator was shot. Leaking like crazy. New one for about $100.
Turn signal flasher wouldn't work.
Replaced hoses.
Nothing major wrong.
Been driving it about 50 miles a day since May.

Connect battery, insert key. Twist.

Change oil and check fluids after a few miles. Top off with fresh fuel. You're all set.

JD

Last edited:
It's alive!!!!

Car cranked just fine! Thinking about getting all the fluids changed. I had the Mobil1 Synth changed right before parking...wonder if its still ok?

Thanks for the input.:D

my temp gage just stays in the off position. Thermostat shot?:confused:

Look for a bad/corroded connection at the sending unit. Pull the push-on connector off, and clean things up with a wire brush, piece of rolled-up sand paper, etc. If that looks good, it may be a bad sending unit, or a broken wire.

JD

Pearlie Back on the Road Again!!!

:cool:

I had the car serviced today:
~ drain/fill coolant
~ change oil (Mobil1 synth)
~ re-charge A/C
~ rotate and balance
~ all fluids checked
~ AND A FULL DETAIL TO BOOT!

Only bad news is that I need to replace muffleers (Dynomax Super Turbos),
no problem. After sitting for 18 months, tires have some flat spots.

QUESTION...will the flat spots correct themselves with use? Technician said he did not see any rotting or damage. Tires were basically new when I parked the car.

Thanks, Chris

Thanks!

Thaks Duffy...I will drive a few weeks and hope for the best! If not, I will have to bite the bullet!

I have not been on the site in a few years. Glad to see the club is still kicking. I rejoined the other day.

See you around the site, thanks!

Back