1994 pusher fan_wiring question

dbd

This first part was answered
Is the 1994 pusher fan in front of the condenser the same on all the t-birds that year?
SC, LX & Base - same between the v6 and v8?
First part answered---

Next question.

I have 3 choices for wiring the condenser pusher fan I am adding to my 90 for the the R134 change over.
The fan power will be wired thru the typical 30amp relay setup, but can be triggered three ways.

1_With its own temp sensor with radiator fin probe.
Temperature setting not decided? Not sure what degree would be good.

2_Tagged into the A/C pressure switch for clutch.

3_Tagged into the low speed side of radiator fan so that it will mimic that fan.
If I am correct it would work as follows - on with A/C, off at 46 mph (coolant temperature permitting) It would also come on when the coolant temperature turned on the low speed. Problem with this - Pusher fan would go off when coolant temperature demanded the high speed radiator fan.

Any thoughts on the choices?

Thanks for any input.

Later
dbd

Last edited:
I would use #1. Alittle extra cooling wont hurt.

But #2 would be more of the right way.

I would say if its really hot out there #1. If hot only once and away #2.

Thats my thoughts...

Paul
Thanks for the reply.
I found a Hayden # 226206 hanging in my garage from another project. It takes in the function of # 1 & 2 both. It has a temp probe to turn fan on at 185° but when you turn on the A/C function it overides the probe and keeps the fan on. This way your fan will be on when A/C is in use, but will also allow fan to be on via probe when the A/C is not on. This should give some extra cooling.

Brochure below

Going to give it a try.

Later
dbd

Attachments

• pusher fan diagram - 4.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 106
Back