Show me your gauges

89tird

Hey guys, I bought a dual pillar pod I want to put an electric fuel pressure gauge in there ( how do you Install it ? ) and I think im pushing more than 15 lbs of boost because the needle looks like its going to break off :eek:, so maybe a boost guage in the other hole with a T fitting to keep the factory gauge also.

show me some pictures.. oh btw I think im going with VDO gauges since they light up green like stock and they are cheap.

I would be looking at getting an oil pressure guage instead of the boost gauge for now..... more critical to see that than boost levels in our cars.

Fraser

I was thinking of using the stock oil pressure gauge with the napa sender OP6091..

Also im worried bout Air/fuel , anybody have a wideband Installed?

The stock guage mod is useless. I have it done and frankly it doesn't tell me anything worth noticing, other than I have oil pressure. I use to rely on it but now I'm going to get a real gauge. That way I'll know if pressure drops a couple of pounds I have a problem I better get sorted before its too late. Its like the temp gauges in these cars... useless.

Wideband is good. I use one all the time even though I don't have a gauge, I use my laptop and datalog the car any time I'm racing.

Fraser

I just installed a boost and mechanical water temp. gauge this afternoon.Both are AutoMeter Z-series.Black bezel,black face,and green LED 194 replacements.Haven't hooked up the temp gauge yet,I'm waiting for a buddy to fab and modify my spare T-stat housing.Still going to use the factory temp gauge and he's going to add a bung for the temp fitting for the AutoMeter gauge.Oh yeah, he is also going to machine a plate and weld it to the flange on the housing along with the groove for the t-stat....Should be pretty trick........

currently installing a boost,oil pressure,water temp, and an air fuel ration. the first three are in a modified triple A pillar gauge pod and the A/F is getting mounted in the dash.

I've got an A-pillar triple gauge pod with cylinder head temp, volts, and boost and I have a dash mount triple pod with a left side and right side wideband A/F, and a fuel pressure gauge in the middle...the dash pod i got from glowshift gauges on ebay and I cant find the triple a-pillar site right now, but I would say with a built sc the three best gauges are cylinder head temp, A/F, and fuel pressure. Unfortunately I don't have any pics at the moment either.

~Jeff

pictures ?? :cool:

I think now im going with an electric fuel press gauge and an electric oil press gauge.

I've got an A-pillar triple gauge pod with cylinder head temp, volts, and boost and I have a dash mount triple pod with a left side and right side wideband A/F, and a fuel pressure gauge in the middle...the dash pod i got from glowshift gauges on ebay and I cant find the triple a-pillar site right now, but I would say with a built sc the three best gauges are cylinder head temp, A/F, and fuel pressure. Unfortunately I don't have any pics at the moment either.

~Jeff

If your going to invest in a well built motor, I'd be adding oil pressure to that list. CHT would be the lowest priority.

Fraser

Got Oil Pressure in the A-pillar w/ Volt and O2. Thanks to the pressure gauge why been off the road for the past 2yrs.

I have Autometer Carbon Fiber Water temp and Oil Pressure gauges in a double A pillar pod because the stock versions of both of those gauge are horrendous. Since I'm making over 15psi and my stock boost gauge doesn't really work anyway, I put a Sunpro boost gauge in the dash cover to the left of the steering wheel.

Sorry for the dark picture, it's all I got.

Attachments

• n1237230257_30027638_8783.jpg
    n1237230257_30027638_8783.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 484
Autometer Cobalt gauges. Volts, oil pressure and water temp all electrical.
Boost/vacuum gauge mechanical.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• gauges2.jpg
    gauges2.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 530
I was thinking of using the stock oil pressure gauge with the napa sender OP6091..

Also im worried bout Air/fuel , anybody have a wideband Installed?

Autometer gauges installed to replace temp, oil pressure, & 30 lb boost gauge. The gauge to the right is the wideband AFR gauge. The boost gauge reads about 2 lbs less than what the dyno reads so Im not impressed with the accuracy.

Ken

Attachments

• New AFR.jpg
    New AFR.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 493
DSC01482.jpg

Here is a dual gauge pod with VDO guages. I forget the gauge series, but I also went with VDO since they looked a lot like stock.

int1.jpg

I also put 3 in the dash with some angled rings:

gauges.jpg

Thanks for the pics guys.

Do you know if all the gauges come with senders? And 0-80 psi for oil is good?

Thanks for the pics guys.

Do you know if all the gauges come with senders? And 0-80 psi for oil is good?

My Autometer gauges came with senders.

My oil pressure gauge goes to 100 lbs. When I first start it up, it runs at 90 lbs. (In the photo attachment showing the gauges, it's showing about 82lbs of oil pressure - the engine is not fully warmed up - temp gauge is just under 140.) On the highway it runs around 80 lbs.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

It's an old pic, but...

driversview.jpg

I went with Autometer Ultra-Lite gauges. I used 2 1/16" electric coolant temp, oil pressure, and transmission fluid temp gauges in the lower DIN space, and 2 5/8" mechanical boost/vacuum and fuel pressure gauges under the hood. Scott made the faces for the speedometer, tach, and fuel level gauges in the instrument cluster to match the Autometer Ultra-Lites.

Back