Slow Electrical Leak.

MrSnow

Now I've got a dead battery as well.... My brother thought it was a crappy connection under the power seats. Whats the best way to figure out this slow electrical leak?
-Da Snow.

The easiest way is to disconnect the negative Battery cable. Take a test light and clip it on to the Negative Cable (while it is still disconnected). Touch the end of the test light to the negative terminal on the battery. The test light will light up, showing your draw on the battery. Disconnect fuses till the light goes out. Which ever fuse makes the light extinguish is your problem. Check everything on that circuit. You can also do this with any Digital Volt/Ohm Meter by measuring amps. Test light is easiest for someone that isnt an electrical guru...

Edit...Make sure that your center console lid isnt causing the light inside the center console to stay on. Mine was...

Last edited:
The easiest way is to disconnect the negative Battery cable. Take a test light and clip it on to the Negative Cable (while it is still disconnected). Touch the end of the test light to the negative terminal on the battery. The test light will light up, showing your draw on the battery. Disconnect fuses till the light goes out. Which ever fuse makes the light extinguish is your problem. Check everything on that circuit. You can also do this with any Digital Volt/Ohm Meter by measuring amps. Test light is easiest for someone that isnt an electrical guru...

Edit...Make sure that your center console lid isnt causing the light inside the center console to stay on. Mine was...

Good advice. Will do.

Back