PDA

View Full Version : Junk Yard look outs

metalman
07-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Has anyone seen Ford Escapes at the junk yard recently? I need the ABS module out of it. My wife's is an '01 V6.

I tried to buy one from a module rebuilder called Module Masters, but they said that mine was irreparable as a core so they wouldn't send me a rebuilt one. :mad: Wasted $40 in shipping.

The brake reservoir cap did not seal, so fluid leaked out and flooded her ABS module which fried the circuitry.

JACTcoupe
07-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Try Ralph(aka B&G) on highway58. I can't stop by tomorrow but i can on Thursday.

frdlvr30
07-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Try this place. This is a salvage network for the entire continent just about. I punched up 2001 Escape ABS controller and quite a few came up. 75-125 dollar range. Need to know if it 2WD or 4WD though. I punched in 2WD.
www.car-part.com
Click on home when you log on to get started with the vehicle selection drop down screens....I have several friends that use this for thier vehicle wholesale business. They buy wrecked cars and fix them and sell them. They are religious about this site...They swear by it.

nickleman60
07-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm gonna ride by the junkyard tommorow after work, need something for my truck, I'll see if they have any vehicles like hers.

Anthony, if i remember I'll drop off the aluminum.

metalman
07-24-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm gonna ride by the junkyard tommorow after work, need something for my truck, I'll see if they have any vehicles like hers.

Anthony, if i remember I'll drop off the aluminum.

I went by pick n pull today...not luck. But who knows. Maybe they'll have a new row out tomorrow.

The aluminum would be great, thanks! The pipes are all mocked up, ready to go. I got the oil blow by filter mounted, too.

nickleman60
07-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Dropped off the aluminum at your garage door, I hope it's what you need.

metalman
07-26-2009, 03:24 AM
Got it. Thanks. I should have everything lined up by today (sunday) and ready to be welded. I also have my oil blow-by filter mounted and hosed routed, so that's all together now. My tranny cooler is already to get mounted once I get my IC welded, and I got my new and bigger couplers and air filter so my CAI and air tract is ready for install once I get the welding done so I can mount my IC and then bolt on my SC so I can get my TB and MAFS on my CAI...I know, I'm getting carried away with abbreviations. :)