Jesel Shaft Mounted Rocker project

Slysc

I've been slowly creeping along in my progress towards getting Jesel Shaft mounted rockers adapted to my 3.8L heads.

I machined a 1 piece steel base that bolts directly to all the pedistals and then made blocks which hold each end of the rocker shaft. The base had to be cut with the angles for each rocker to match the valve angles.

I will have to make a new base because my first base did not make enough allowance to offset the rocker axis for my longer pivot length rockers. Stock pivot length is 1.65".

Anyway, below are some pictures showing how the base needs to be re-made further back to keep the roller tip centered on the valve.

Attachments

• Photo_072209_001.jpg
    Photo_072209_001.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 114
  • Photo_072209_002.jpg
    Photo_072209_002.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 103
I've been slowly creeping along in my progress towards getting Jesel Shaft mounted rockers adapted to my 3.8L heads.

I machined a 1 piece steel base that bolts directly to all the pedistals and then made blocks which hold each end of the rocker shaft. The base had to be cut with the angles for each rocker to match the valve angles.

I will have to make a new base because my first base did not make enough allowance to offset the rocker axis for my longer pivot length rockers. Stock pivot length is 1.65".

Anyway, below are some pictures showing how the base needs to be re-made further back to keep the roller tip centered on the valve.

Interesting stuff. How high are you planning to rev the motor ?

David

The bottom end is built for it, the turbo should flow that much, the titanium valves, locks, keepers should help, the double springs are up to it, now it's just a matter of rockers and lifters being able to take it.

No scatter shield. Aluminum flywheel with a pretty stout clutch. Maybe I'll add some 1/2" plate steel to my cowboy boots.;)

Back