bypass valve

does some one make an aftermarket bypass valve for the thunderbird supercoupes?

No...the bypass valve is built into the supercharger inlet plenum and plumbed to the intake manifold adaptor (aka return plenum). Without doing some major fabrication work to those areas you are stuck with the stock style bypass.

David

i hope you arent asking about a blow off valve... why is my first question.... it closes under boost, opens in vac.. its not like a turbo wastegate to control boost... airflow, rpm and blower speed determine boost... and boost is just a number anyways... what matters is how much of that boost your engine can stomach.....

i hope you arent asking about a blow off valve... why is my first question.... it closes under boost, opens in vac.. its not like a turbo wastegate to control boost... airflow, rpm and blower speed determine boost... and boost is just a number anyways... what matters is how much of that boost your engine can stomach.....

No what's important is how much air you can flow until you start to produce boost ;).

to be honest i thought that that could be a problem with the head gaskets blowing and i really want the cool sound of hte pressure being released:D

i like that sound too but the sound of blower whine is just as cool, i think.

how were u thinking it leads to head gaskets blowing ?

it randomly hit me the other day that maby that bypass valve might not be releasing the pressure that builds up at high rpm's every once in a while that that could be the source of the problem with gasket blowing but it was just a random thought

well if you're going wide open throttle at hi rpms, that bypass is wide open.

it doesnt close until you let off the throttle and are back in vacuum.

head gaskets are blown mainly b/c of detonation and sometimes overheating. im not going to get into it tho b/c its a very debateable topic.

well if you're going wide open throttle at hi rpms, that bypass is wide open.

it doesnt close until you let off the throttle and are back in vacuum.

head gaskets are blown mainly b/c of detonation and sometimes overheating. im not going to get into it tho b/c its a very debateable topic.

other way around, bypass is open when off of boost, closed on boost

it randomly hit me the other day that maby that bypass valve might not be releasing the pressure that builds up at high rpm's every once in a while that that could be the source of the problem with gasket blowing but it was just a random thought

That wouldn't cause a problem with head gaskets. The bypass valve can be blocked off and the car can be driven without it. It just makes more noise and generates more heat.

You can't use a blow off valve because the air is metered by the MAF and releasing the air to atmosphere would cause a temporary rich condition every time you did it.

David

Back