2009 C6 ZR1 Pass at Muncie

CMac89

The mods are said to be a tune and removed cats. It's at this year's Shootout's host track, too!

What happens whenever GM puts a blower on something, finally? ZR1>GT500 happens.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rBjZOtTfnHA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rBjZOtTfnHA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

i wanttttttttttttt ittttttttttttttttttttttttt

as much as i love super coupes i have to say the best thing ive ever done was give up making one fast and picked up a chevy

I just saw the tires I need to get into the 12's :D... right at the beginning there in the back ground. Bet I could get a 1.5 60' with those.

Fraser

Sorry, I definitely have to disagree with you. I would sell my whole fleet, minus the 92 SC, trailer and Expedition, if I thought that would be enough to buy the ZR1 Corvette.
Pshaw. I'd trade my entire fleet for the ZR1. All of it. And yes, I'd end up sleeping in the garage next to it. :rolleyes:

id sell everything i own so that i could leave a huge steaming pile of poo on the seat of them things.

just cause its fast dont mean it looks nice

MSRP of $103,000 + 6.2L + Blower to get to the 10's? Yawn.....

Expensive..yes, but all that with a factory warranty, cruise, ac, navigation etc...I've seen one in person and the exhaust isnt even that loud which means you could drive it on long trips and not be annoyed.

I think people underestimate the time/money that goes into building basically a 10 sec daily driven street car with a WARRANTY :rolleyes:

MSRP of $103,000 + 6.2L + Blower to get to the 10's? Yawn.....

I know cars that run 9.20s at 141mph. Don't sell the MPH short of what the car can do.

$100,000 is nothing compared to what you can build. I would drop $100,000 tomorrow if there was an aluminum framed Pontiac chassis from the factory to build a race car out of.

The ZR1 is a discount.

Ford fans? I dont own an SC because it was a ford. Its because GM or Chrysler had nothing to offer when I was in the market.

THe ZR1 will wipe its butt with a GT500 all day long.

Now if you want a back seat then GT500 is starting to be a compromise.

I find brand loyalty kinda absurd. If someone makes somthing good and that fits what I want I buy it. How much do kidneys go in the black market now adays

Just goes to show who the True Ford fans are.
Jerry

HA! That's a little dumb. I'm a car fan not a brand loyalist. I would go so far as to say I'm a Ford guy, but I won't snub a cool car just because it doesn't have the blue oval stamped on it's ~~~.

It's not a thread on what car is beter....That Vette rocks! Period.

HA! That's a little dumb. I'm a car fan not a brand loyalist. I would go so far as to say I'm a Ford guy, but I won't snub a cool car just because it doesn't have the blue oval stamped on it's ~~~.

It's not a thread on what car is beter....That Vette rocks! Period.

Sorry im a true America Ford guy, I can understand your point as well the only thing I was saying is not the the Vett is junk I love the car, but a True America Ford guy like myself would pick a GT500 over the Vett simple. :rolleyes:

Jerry

I know cars that run 9.20s at 141mph. Don't sell the MPH short of what the car can do.

Yes, the car is stupidly fast and can blaze Nürburgring like none other and is a sweet deal for the money. However, continually adding displacement (6.2L!!) and needing boost to get those results does not flatter me in the least. Specific output of a completely modern boosted engine sitting at 100hp/L is terrible. There are numerous other examples of other power plants that manage that without the use of forced induction. Obviously specific output does not scale linearly as displacement increases, but a properly engineered engine can rather easily make 620hp, not need the 6.2L and have all the longevity expected from a modern mass produced engine. The only issue is cost.:rolleyes:

Ford fans? I dont own an SC because it was a ford. Its because GM or Chrysler had nothing to offer when I was in the market.

THe ZR1 will wipe its butt with a GT500 all day long.

Now if you want a back seat then GT500 is starting to be a compromise.

I find brand loyalty kinda absurd. If someone makes somthing good and that fits what I want I buy it. How much do kidneys go in the black market now adays
I think the ZR1 is an awesome car. It would be hard to make the GT500 ever handle as good as it does. The price difference between the 2 would leave plenty to put the GT500 on top in any drag race situation though.
As a complete package it would be hard to top the Vette. Impossible for the money.
I also agree with you about brand loyalty. If someone else makes something better, then, it is what it is.

I find nothing absurd about being brand loyal. do i like other brands? Yes i do, do i think others offer more than ford? again yes. will I ever own anything else? Hell no! Sorry but i never liked any vettes. including the ZR1. whats the big deal on owning a fast factory car that the only thing you do to it, is make the big monthly payment? FYI i would not buy a gt500 either. i would rather buy a GT and use the rest of the money and make it "mine". I could care less if it runs 9's, goes 200 MPH and pulls over 1 G on the skid pad. last time i looked all of that is illegal on public roads.

Back