Odd noise after oil change

275hptbirdsc

So I took my sc to the shop to get an oil change and after I got it back I noticed that when I shut my car off there is this weird noise I can here coming for the passenger side of the car its like a knock or the sound of metal getting kicked. Its not there when the car is on and its never been there till after the oil change. The noise can be heard from the inside and you can feel it if you hold on the ebrake or any parts around it. Maybe they bent somthing when it was on the lift?

Motor mount, perhaps....did they have to fight it to swap the filters? Were you around when they worked on it?

Power steering line runs right across where the filter is. The filter can go in a couple ways if those lines are loose, but only one way that makes sense and has good clearance.

I'd take it back and have them take a look at show you. Or, get under there at look at it yourself.

Well I feel dumb:eek: I got in my car and REALLY listened to it for about 5 min and realized my passenger seat motor was stuck and needed to be moved around:rolleyes: So that was where the sound was coming from lol.

Its just my opinion based on an experience i had many years ago.

i have had bad experiences there also. almost lost the filter on my 93 s10. i was in a hurry and didnt have time to do it myself, so i took it into walmart and let them do it. took it back the next day and complained, they gave my next 2 changes for free. everyplace has horror stories, even dealer shop have done worst. i saw a chevy 3500 fall off the lift while getting it first oil change.
but each to their own.

most people not all but most working at wal-mart are there because they couldnt get a job anywhere else

true that..I worked at goodyear while I was in school for automotive. You learn my F***ing up. At places like goodyear,Jiffylube,walmart. you can f-up and its no big deal(to the employee) lol. Anyways, Now that I'm done with school, I have 5 ase's and have a good job at a small non-corporate shop. Just try not to f-up and keep studying. sry for the thread hijack lol.

I took a part time job at Sear as a service advisor when I was younger. Second day I was there some guy drained the oil in all the cars he touched and walked out. Three motors got ruined that day and I never worked there a third day.

Back